MCFC U-18's

Quality keeps shining through.

Great to see Hodge back starting and also Robertson released to the role he might be best suited to
You watch the youth more than most so I have a question for you.

Palmer vs Doyle vs Fiorini - who has the most potential do you think, or maybe simply compare them how you'd like.

I think Palmer is more attacking than Doyle, and Fiorini is somewhere in the middle?

You watch the youth more than most so I have a question for you.

Palmer vs Doyle vs Fiorini - who has the most potential do you think, or maybe simply compare them how you'd like.

I think Palmer is more attacking than Doyle, and Fiorini is somewhere in the middle?

Understandable question but not sure I like it! Not sure I like to be black and white on such things.

Doyle, possibly because of who he is (Doyle/Pardoe) is maybe seen as one of the next to come through and he may well be.Certainly City have involved him very early with the first team squad plus captaining the EDS. Big heart, dynamic, aggressive and has all the attributes as a box to box type player plus. He has played various roles at City so far but that's the way I see him.

Personally I don't think he has been playing that well of late and that could be because he might have been trying too hard , too hard to shine but hopefully that's all part of the learning.

Palmer is much more of a pure attacking player, probably a number 10. Silky skills and goes past players quite easily. Plays with his head up, sees passes , scores goals and for me is a pleasure to watch play. He is only slight and time will tell if that's going to be a problem. We have seen plenty of other very talented players not quite make it despite having so much talent. Captaining the 18's which I think also says plenty about what City think of him.

Fiorini does fall inthe middle a bit as type of player albeit closer to Cole in the role he would play. I have seen him play the deep midfield role, not often , and he reads the game well but he probably doesn't have the game, aggression,tackling for that role. Probably a genuine 8 playmaker who has an eye for goal. Good eye for a pass. City seem to have moved him up to the EDS now which must be a positive in the way City think about him.

I do like to watch the 18's when I can but there are a number who watch more than me so I wonder what their thoughts would be as it's very much about personal opinion.

I think we have a real chance to finally win the Youth Cup again if we can get our best 11 on the field. Does anybody know what injury Delap has and when he is likely to return ? I hope Pep was joking when he said he would consider a loan deal for THB, Take him out of our youth team and we are screwed.

I hope Pep was joking when he said he would consider a loan deal for THB, Take him out of our youth team and we are screwed.

Well the Youth team are top of the league and Harwood-Bellis hasn’t played for them once all season so I wouldn’t exactly say they’re screwed without him

Well the Youth team are top of the league and Harwood-Bellis hasn’t played for them once all season so I wouldn’t exactly say they’re screwed without him
You have them mixed up.

THB plays for the EDS, who are at the bottom of the table, not for the U18s which are at the top.

You have them mixed up.

THB plays for the EDS, who are at the bottom of the table, not for the U18s which are at the top.

The poster said the Youth Cup team would be screwed without THB, and I pointed out the Youth Cup team is the U18 team so they’d hardly be screwed as he never plays for them.

The poster said the Youth Cup team would be screwed without THB, and I pointed out the Youth Cup team is the U18 team so they’d hardly be screwed as he never plays for them.
The poster actually just said "Youth team" you added the cup part. Even as youth team it's hard to know if somebody means U23 or U18s, aren't they both youth teams? People should be specific I suppose.

Anyways it seems I misunderstood your comments intent anyways. Apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.