MCFC vs Lech Poznan - Official Match Thread

The match thread always gets a bad rep but it's been a good laugh tonight

One of my favourite matches this season!

A good win and deserved one based on our first half performance. We fell into the trap of sitting back a bit in the second half and there were some worries but we came through it.

Only complaint is that our defence and defensive midfield were extremely sloppy. That sort of thing against Arsenal and we would be punished badly. Lescott in particular. I really hope Kolo is fit on Sunday, he and Kompany are our only truly reliable CB pairing.

Despite his hattrick and good performance, I wouldn't give MotM to Adebayor. Instead, the world class David Silva.

LoveCity said:
A good win and deserved one based on our first half performance. We fell into the trap of sitting back a bit in the second half and there were some worries but we came through it.

Only complaint is that our defence and defensive midfield were extremely sloppy. That sort of thing against Arsenal and we would be punished badly. Lescott in particular. I really hope Kolo is fit on Sunday, he and Kompany are our only truly reliable CB pairing.

Despite his hattrick and good performance, I wouldn't give MotM to Adebayor. Instead, the world class David Silva.

Spot on assessment mate

Way to Adebayor! Very nice match for him! A hat trick and his first goal of the season all in the same match? Not easy to do, he was fantastic up front!

But, as I think we can all agree, Silva was the magician tonite. He played absolutely brilliantly, and he set up every single goal, and that last goal came from absolutely nothing. He is an absolute genius in center mid, and we really need to keep him there. I think this could still be possible if we ran a 4-1-2-1-2. The 4-5-1 we've been running for the tougher teams really doesn't give us much room. If we ran a 4-1-2-1-2 though, Silva would have plenty of space to work his magic. Plus we could have Tevez AND Manu up front.

But regardless of how we preform against Arsenal, this was a terrific match. A much needed improvement after the Blackpool game. If we play football like this (or even better) then we will win the league, no doubt about it.

Silva played superbly today and I hope Ade will get his start against Arsenal.

ibo said:
Silva played superbly today and I hope Ade will get his start against Arsenal.

against Arsenal we need to start with Nigel Barry and Yaya in middle, Arsenal have great attack and we need our all defensive midfielders in the lineup.

and in the attack i want to see Tevez, Silva and AJ.

Ade need to be a super-sub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.