Mea Culpa

Jack Hackett

Team supported
Arsenal
I have done something tonight which I've never done before.

To be honest, I don't feel good about it. In fact, maybe I feel a little dirty.

Some of you know I'm a Gooner.

So when Man Yoo play Spurs (for me after Spurs, Man Yoo is the team I despise most and to be fair, I think I'm entitled to feel that, however that's neither here nor there insofar as tonight is concerned)

Anyway, here's the thing

I watched the first half and I realised pretty quickly that Man Yoo were pretty rubbish actually, so, here's the sin.

5 minutes into the second half I thought, this is a no brainer, so I stuck £20 on Spurs (yeuch!) at 11/4 to win the match.

Well, if anyone was watching, Spurs stuffed Man Yoo.

Apart from winning a nice little amount of money, I probably need some spiritual guidance as to whether I went a step too far.

I do feel a little dirty, though tempered to be honest by the arrogant one being humiliated at OT.

OK I know we lost to City at home (we won't be the only one) and Chelsea away ( we won't be the only one) but is that worse to losing to Brighton away and Spurs at home? Moot point.

Anyway, here's the question. Have I behave immorally and indefensibly by putting money on the Dark Side notwithstanding a nice winning bet and against a team I don't care for? Or have I crossed the line?

As I said, I need some spiritual guidance here.

As a gooner you should never bet on a Spuds win. But some evils are worse than local rivals, for example the rags and dippers.
I suspect my mate won't be too happy though. He has been beaten up at Spurs and stabbed there twice so he has reason to hate them more than the rags. He also has enough points for Superbia before anybody questions his allegiance.

You may feel dirty sir but the expensive shower gel you can now afford should help.

It is a strange thing when the enemy of my enemy type stuff comes into play. Older Arsenal fans i can well imagine still holding spurs and utd as equally hated foes though so treat it as that, spend the money on good wine/beer and forget it's origins Jack :-D

p.s. Fair play on your come back win, you are making progress, it just sucks as it is in such a harsh environment it has to happen (the prem) as it is very unforgiving as you well know bud.

No, you have very cleverly (unlike g Neville), observed that u*d are abysmal and taken the opportunity to soften the blow of an inevitable win for your most hated team. A wise move and you can now enjoy your profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.