Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the rest of your family had been blue, would your rebellious streak have turned you to the dark side?
That's an interesting question and one I've honestly never considered.

I'm not sure my recalcitrant streak was sufficiently developed at six/seven years of age for it to be the primary reason, at least consciously. My first game, in fact, was at old trafford in 1976, united v Ajax in the UEFA cup that my dad took me to (Lou Macari of all people, scored), but I wasn't that arsed. Certainly wasn't on the hook after that game. My first game at Maine Road came later that year v Coventry in December of that year (when I'd just turned seven). I remember Dennis Tueart scoring. My dad's younger brother (so not quite a 100% red family, although near as damn it) took me. Sat in the Maine Stand to the left of the half way line. I can smell the cheap cigars now. Maine Road captivated me and felt much more like home, plus I loved City's colours, so I think the answer is probably 'no', but who knows in all honestly. Could have been a 'sliding doors' moment, or maybe not.

Whatever my reasons I'm so glad I took the path I did. Being a blue is so much a part of who I am. It's one of the things that most defines me as a person. I certainly couldn't imagine supporting any other team.

I'm not sure my recalcitrant streak was sufficiently developed at six/seven years of age for it to be the primary reason, at least consciously. My first game, in fact, was at old trafford in 1976, united v Ajax in the UEFA cup that my dad took me to (Lou Macari of all people, scored), but I wasn't that arsed. Certainly wasn't on the hook after that game. My first game at Maine Road came later that year v Coventry in December of that year (when I'd just turned seven). I remember Dennis Tueart scoring. My dad's younger brother (so not quite a 100% red family, although near as damn it) took me. Sat in the Maine Stand to the left of the half way line. I can smell the cheap cigars now. Maine Road captivated me and felt much more like home, plus I loved City's colours, so I think the answer is probably 'no', but who knows in all honestly. Could have been a 'sliding doors' moment, or maybe not.

Whatever my reasons I'm so glad I took the path I did. Being a blue is so much a part of who I am. It's one of the things that most defines me as a person. I certainly couldn't imagine supporting any other team.

I think GDM your last paragraph has summed up what a lot of us know, but more importantly feel

Great story GDM, but I think you've proved you that you are born to it
It's nature and not nurture as the blue streak of defiance must be in the genes

But if the rest of your family had been blue, would your rebellious streak have turned you to the dark side?

Worked that way for my brother. My granddad, my dad, and myself are City fans so he, as a kid, decided he was going to be a United fan, purely because he wanted to support the opposite side to me and dad! Still, my dad and I are season ticket holders whereas he rarely went to games, and now lives in Queensland, so seems nature as well as nurture is involved in your football team choice......

Both the BBC and Sky have displayed tables showing the most expensive English players in history. Sterling at the top is allocated a fee of £49m. Luke Shaw has been allocated a fee of £27m. I thought Shaw's fee was £30m+ so I googled it, and apparently United paid £27m up front, raising to £31m depending on appearances.

How can institutions like BBC and Sky chose to include add ons for our player but not others?

Carnt believe what I've just read .
Daily star headline
Sterling sworn at at x rated man city welcome.
Thought that's a bit odd ,read the article someone put greedyc**t on a periscope thing .it read to me city fans went pleased to sign him

Both the BBC and Sky have displayed tables showing the most expensive English players in history. Sterling at the top is allocated a fee of £49m. Luke Shaw has been allocated a fee of £27m. I thought Shaw's fee was £30m+ so I googled it, and apparently United paid £27m up front, raising to £31m depending on appearances.

How can institutions like BBC and Sky chose to include add ons for our player but not others?
They have a financial interest in Utd and Liverpool.

The armchairs are their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.