Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he doesn't repeat his ill informed faux pas when he said City didn't need to extend the Etihad as they won't get the crowds. If it was otherwise there would be 10,000 people locked outside the ground every game.

stevemcgarry said:
In mitigation, I should say that I’ve spent nearly all my adult life working exclusively in music and the arts, so it follows that the vast majority of the people I know are musicians and artists. But, yes, I can namedrop with the best and I have some cracking stories … and don’t even get me started on my two sons, you wouIdn’t fucking believe who they get to pal around with:)

But I look at it this way … I posted on a forum that I occasionally visit and got some stick for my trouble. I don’t take any of it too seriously but I’ve posted back, had a laugh, scored some points and amused myself by taking the piss and pushing a few buttons … successfully pushed some buttons, I might add :)

But Johnny’s point about my Breaking Bad comment being tripe is actually dead wrong and goes to the very heart of this “agenda” business.

As I think I’ve established in my relentless blowing of smoke up my own arse (to quote a wise young man on here) I don’t just draw footballers. I do cartoon strips, I do entertainment features, I do storyboards … and I get to draw a lot of people. Take the piss out of Chelsea players in one of the comics I’ve done for Shoot! or MOTD and I get a bit of abuse from Chelsea fans. I think people who take take offense at a cartoon are fuckwits. Make a mistake in the text on the entertainment version of Biographic and I get bombarded with angry fans of that band or actor. insisting on putting the record straight. Again, I just think they are dopey to go to all that trouble to correct a comic strip. Feature a female in Biographic and show too much cleavage? The forums are flooded with angry Christian women bemoaning the culture of whoredom that I am perpetuating. I actually lost the big Sunday paper in Sydney as a client because they received too many letters from readers complaining about the art being too lurid for a page seen by children! Put a black celebrity in Biographic or Trivquiz … especially a rapper … holy shit! You wouldn’t believe what kind of comments people are prepared to make in an open forum or an email. I featured Barack Obama in Biographic one year … fuck me, I’ve now stared into the gates of hell and seen the abyss.

But the common thread is that every niche has a following and practically every interest has a set of obsessive devotees. It just so happens that this is a forum for people obsessed with City. That’s okay … that’s why I occasionally visit here too, because I’m also obsessed with City.

So, when I get shit from a City obsessed fan because I dared to have a picture of Chicharito on my website, it’s just water off a duck’s back. If I ran my business paying heed to every clown who gave me crap … stopped featuring black people because it pisses off rednecks, stopped drawing women because it infuriates religious nutters, stopped taking the piss out of Chelsea because their fans don’t like it … I’d have no business. City have my love and my allegiance … but I don’t have to feature the fuckers in everything I do.

And do you know what every angry group has in common … they all think they are victims of a media conspiracy.

And ps … Popnut Crunch? Bloody hell … that’s impressive research, sir peace frog!

not really it was on your website :)

franksinatra said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Noel Gallagher is on MOTD 2 on Sunday. Might set a few records straight.

Or he will add to the status quo of biased pundits a fight Blue Moon is ready to challenge at every turn? Or is it ok because he will talk biased nonsensical rubbish about City?

Just add to the dumbing down and celebrity nonsense of the TV and media. Personally would much rather listen to an ex-professional provide a bit of insight into the game than the ramblings of rock star with no history in the game.
ive yet to hear any ex player with anything insightful,to say ,infact the ex pros,usually know as much as you and me ,I e sweet f,a,and just like us the game is all about opininions,thats why so many ex pros fall down in management,they trust their own jugement,and its mostly wrong , at least noel gallegher will have a different insight,but like ex pros its only my onions mate

Just watching Uwe on the Fantasy Football show on SKY. Not a show I normally watch.

They have a load of generic Sky Sports shirts in the background, Red & Dark Blue that are clearly visible throughout the show.

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but apart from the goalie see if you can spot the odd one out.

They're arranged as follows:

Ballotelli Red, Fabregas Blue, Carzola Red, Lloris Yellow, Costa Blue, Van Persie Red, Eriksen Blue, Gerrard Red, Ozil Red, Colocinni Blue & Kun Aguero Red.

Blue Punter said:
Just watching Uwe on the Fantasy Football show on SKY. Not a show I normally watch.

They have a load of generic Sky Sports shirts in the background, Red & Dark Blue that are clearly visible throughout the show.

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but apart from the goalie see if you can spot the odd one out.

Ballotelli Red, Fabregas Blue, Carzola Red, Lloris Yellow, Costa Blue, Van Persie Red, Eriksen Blue, Gerrard Red, Ozil Red, Colocinni Blue & Kun Aguero Red.

I'm not 100% but i'll put my head on the block here and say you're the first to point this out.

rushts said:
Blue Punter said:

I'm not 100% but i'll put my head on the block here and say you're the first to point this out.

Any chance you can read back through the thread to confirm?

Blue Punter said:
rushts said:
Blue Punter said:

Any chance you can read back through the thread to confirm?

I've done it.

rushts has got you bang to rights on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.