Media bias - yes that old chestnut

the media are not happy with chelsea

treatment of rdm
clattenburg farce
their statement on clattenburg today with no apology
restriction on reporting of benitez interview

now i may be getting ahead of myself but might this be the first game in years a large section of the media wouldn't mind us winning lol

City Raider said:
the media are not happy with chelsea

treatment of rdm
clattenburg farce
their statement on clattenburg today with no apology
restriction on reporting of benitez interview

now i may be getting ahead of myself but might this be the first game in years a large section of the media wouldn't mind us winning lol

until we lose then it'll back on bobby.

txixi said:
If Owen is being groomed for a place in punditry then I'm selling my TV.

He is the epitome of a drab monotonous dullard and its clear from his ill informed comments about us that he is also a brain dead numpty who just trots out media lines that he's heard somebody else say.

You can see it in his face and hear it in his answers, he is clueless.

THIS ! ! ! !

Of all the pundits Graeme Souness talked a lot of sense about Mancini and Manchester City

its amazing how little ,football people know about the game ,no wonder so many of them get sacked.

I can't believe what I just saw - positive City article in DM and it's not Martin Samuel:

Mancini's men well set for title push after City earn draw at Chelsea

Roberto Mancini reclined in his seat, scarf knotted with its usual panache, legs crossed at the ankles and feet up on the wall of the dugout.

Were he judged on the rules of those sitting a few yards to his left, the Manchester City manager would have been sacked after crashing out of the Champions League before December, out at the group stage for the second year in a row.

As it was, on a day of protest at Stamford Bridge, he could barely have seemed more relaxed as his team extended their unbeaten run in the Barclays Premier League to 21 games.

Mancini was mildly irritated with his team’s work in the final third of the pitch but can be happy that City edged the game and created the better chances.

Europe may be proving a little awkward to crack, even for the filthy rich, but the Premier League champions are well placed to retain their title.

They are a point behind neighbours Manchester United and have not lost in the competition since visiting Arsenal in April, even if the manager was annoyed to surrender ground at the top of the table.

‘I am not satisfied with one point,’ said Mancini. Despite this disappointment, the Italian will be privately encouraged by what he saw yesterday. His team looked far more equipped than Chelsea for the slog ahead.

They have a stronger squad, with more depth and personality and a greater range of options on the bench.

Vincent Kompany played despite twisting a knee against Real Madrid last week and was impressive at the heart of the defence and Gareth Barry is close to his best again after hernia surgery in the summer.

Also, Mancini seems to have settled back into the formation which served them well last season, with a defensive six behind an attacking quartet.

It is almost as if Mancini has quelled his instinct to drive on and improve after realising that standing still may be good enough to resist the domestic challenges.

Next up for City are Wigan and Everton before the visit of Manchester United on December 9. Mancini’s team will not fear the derby at home, where they do not lose.

The Etihad Stadium has become a fortress like the Bridge used to be. It is one of several similarities between the team Jose Mourinho built at Chelsea and Mancini’s City.

Both units were big, muscular and powerful with a tight defensive grip, low risk tactics and quick, talented individuals in attack to win the games.

Two years of total domination at home, however, and Roman Abramovich became bored and started demanding flair, adventure and the European Cup.

Mancini may encounter similar impatience. For now, however, defending the title is a success and will be easier without the distraction of the Champions League.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2238422/Roberto-Mancini-content-Manchester-City-draw.html

^^^ Maths not his strong point, it's now 19 games unbeaten in the league not 21. 6 on the bounce at the end of last season and 13 this season so far. Otherwise a fair assessment.

Not about us, but shows how good some of the press writers are and print what they want to print:

Sun:

Anyway, as part of their piece on Benitez, Mike McGrath reports:

'Crocked Chelsea captain John Terry did not disguise his feelings in his programme notes, writing: "Robbie is a great man and an absolute legend."'

That's right, he did say that. However, he also wrote (and oddly this didn't make it into The Sun) the following:

'On Thursday, we welcomed Rafa Benitez as our first-team manager. All the players are looking forward to working with him and we can get off to a great start if we beat Manchester City today, which will move us within a point of them.'

Neil Ashton:
'Yesterday the £32million man got his first warning, no longer one of the Untouchables after Chelsea's interim manager Rafael Benitez replaced him with Victor Moses in the 71st minute...

'He was a personal favourite of Di Matteo, picked to play every minute of the manager's final five games in charge of the European champions.'

He did indeed. However, in the previous five matches, his appearance record read; didn't start, subbed, subbed, 90 minutes, didn't start.

Untouchable indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.