Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejohn really is a contemptible piece of shit.

I don't disagree but his comment regarding City was a positive one though - I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick!

It's as if you'd just watched Manchester City win the Cup Final 6-0, only to have Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer insist that although City managed to put the ball into the back of the net half a dozen times, the real winners were Watford.

Rob Blanchette on Twitter although calling him a journalist is pushing it.

Never heard of him. Inevitable that there will be a bit of this about I guess.

Edit, I see he is a rag, pictured with Giggs on his Twitter page and is head of production for some stan collymore show. Keeps very good company.

Even in the pre season mag they’ve somehow managed to stick the diver center stage ffs

MATCH-OF-THE-DAY-_NO-517.jpg

Only Gabby not smiling when he should be smiling the most after completing a domestic clean sweep, twats.

Salah was the player of the year and top scorer. Seems pretty reasonable for the preview of the season. Odd choice of Alli over Kane, mind, without even considering Giroud for Chelsea.

Today's wisdom is that Newcastle (3 FA Cups in 90 years) are a true sleeping giant and are without doubt a bigger club than City.

Newcastle's last league title was 92 years ago, their last FA Cup was 64 years ago and they've never won the League Cup.

Their last trophy was the old Inter Cities Fairs Cup 50 years ago and they only qualified for that by a convoluted set of circumstances. They finished 10th which is by far the lowest ever finish to qualify for a European place on league position. They got in because the rags won the European Cup (with City winning the League and both playing in the European Cup), West Brom winning the FA Cup (thereby qualifying for the ECWC) and the one city one club rule at the time disqualifying Everton, Spurs and Arsenal.

On that basis the giant hasn't been sleeping. It's been in a coma.

Last edited:
'sleeping giant' is an oft mis-used phrase in football, Newcastle are just a team with a decent stadium that holds >50k with a pretty loyal fanbase. That's it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.