Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes just do not get the media hate. We are a club on the way up and going to achieve great things and our fan base will undoubtedly grow exponentially. You would think that the media would want a piece of it as the rags are clearly on the way down and yet they find every opportunity to slag us off. They are doing their level best to keep us down but it will not work as the more we win the more our popularity will rise and they will be left with no choice or they will be left behind.

The issue is all the middle aged media hacks , ex-player pundits are invariably Rags , Dippers or Goons , so until the new breed of ex-City players are amongst the media (Kompany, Zabs , etc) then the narrative will not change , it will possibly be another 5 to 10 years before we get anywhere near the respect our achievements deserve. Then they will have to accept us and jump on the bandwagon / gravytrain , the media is a fickle business as the Rags will find out as they tumble down the picking list.

Had a look at the comments section on some articles and it was full of the 'we're not English, we're dippers' nonsense. Worse though was the complete lack of irony in their outrage at European Royalty (whatever that means) being booed by opposition fans and you really don't know whether to roll over belly laughing or feel totally depressed that dozens of people are destroying the opportunity for others to have reasonable discussion with their insane posts.
European royalty made up....plastic royalty.

Not like OUR Arab royalty .....HRH sheik Mansoor........not plastic,real and acts with dignity and respect when dealing with ALL at City. Be that ex players,new players, fans and citizen of East Manchester. Investing in schools , housing etc.

I hate loser pool...their treatment of Raz, their bus attacks , their nasty special European nights at anfield, their booing Ederson while he got treatment for mane kicking him in head.......yeah their royalty alright....!

It is just another fake news story. Personally I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Pep does take another career break at the end of his City contract. What he does after that is anybody's guess. I am hoping he can be persuaded to return to City after a year off. He may even take the England job!
Pep Guardiola on talk of another sabbatical break: “I do not take a sabbatical. The news comes out, is repeated and is not checked. I have two years of contract and, if they do not kick me out, I will continue.”

I think that’s a huge myth. Hitler didn’t even visit Liverpool, let alone live there.
It was in Bridget's book on Hitler that was published in America prior to WW2. He did leave Austira to avoid conscription in mid 1912 and wasnt seen in Austria till mid 1913, then Germany till late 1913, so it's possible and why should she lie (except to make money)? There is actually no proof either way, however; the story amuses me.

Last edited:
Daily Mirror.

Replica football shirts costing £107 made by sweatshop workers 'on 75p an hour'

EXCLUSIVE: Workers in Thailand making Manchester City shirts will be paid just £7.53 for a 10-hour day but the jerseys cos nearly £103

Followers of treble winners Manchester City will stump up the huge sum for their special edition shirt – while Chelsea fans will pay £102.90 for a top to mark their victory in Europe. But the Nike shirts cost just an estimated £3 to produce.
Who make and at what cost the England shirts? What do they retail at? The FA as the bastion of decency and concerns for humanity must act....we are all the same on the pitch apparently.....but not in a shit hole sweat shop or when being made to pay 100 quid for an item that cost 2 quid to make.
All England players should be encouraged by the FA to refuse to do any modelling of such kit for sales purposes......thank
You daily mirror for highlighting this......over to you FA...

Yep, proven to be absolute bollocks yet again about this supposed sabbatical. Why the fuck do these journos do it, why do they feel the need to put every negative story they can about us?. Utter wankers!

Just read on the BBC website. The fixtures for the 2019=20 Premier League season will be announced at 09-00 BST on Thursday. Manchester City will be aiming to win the Premier League for the THIRD SEASON IN A ROW. Haters can hate, we are living the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.