Media coverage 2018/19

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 2 Nov 2018.

1. asaluttar

asaluttar

In a way FFP works against poor fans, because it forces club owners to maximise revenues rather than keep ticket prices affordable - even if they are not greedy and want to help the fans, they are not allowed to partly subsidise fans in any way.

As it stands, City have significantly lower ticket / matchday revenues than rivals, despite being among the top six consistently by attendance. But that's effectively punished by FFP.

GOULDYBOBS likes this.
  2. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

That's a great call.

I wonder if that is raised now will Mr Gill demand abolishing the rules in light of Uniteds wage problem?

There is certainly an argument that without FFP rules, ticket prices would be lower.

Also, as you point out PPV fees would be lower as clubs wouldn't be trying to maximise revenues from TV companies.

Nah, What am I saying?

3. qatar blue

qatar blue

Agree, I think that’s why city try to improve the whole match day experience for fans so some ‘value for money’

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    This is one of the main premises of the fan's case against FFP currently in the Belgian courts.

5. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

The constant sneering at working class matchgoing fans is one the reasons people like Carragher get confronted by people and end up spitting at them. This relentless narrative on social media is driven by people who don't have to pay for their tickets or who never attend matches. Those who attend games know how expensive and difficult it can be, especially after Christmas. Carragher and Lineker should know better but I am never surprised how quickly people who make a few bob forget their roots.

6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Zoe Raghead starts Monday. She's already saying she's delighted with her £1.2m salary even though it is way below what Dipper Evans was getting. Perhaps she needs to be told that nearly 8000 will have their colour tv licence gobbled up to pay for it! They have no idea!

7. mac

mac

I have always said to fellow blues that I have total respect to the match going fans. With the price of tickets and travel they must fork out a fortune. I can only go to a few
    games as my work gets in the way so it my piss boil when you get freeloaders saying this kind of stuff. If I ever came across the likes of jugears or spit the dog at the airport I would give the fuckers grief.

GOULDYBOBS likes this.
  8. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Their inability to grasp the digital change makes them more and more dependant on the views of their expensively researched subscriber base.

Survival is the only thing they are focused on.

9. urban genie

urban genie

10. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Is that from the 2014/15 season?