Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho exclusive: 'I'm happy that I've opened doors' for young English players with Dortmund move
The Camberwell, London-born winger has become the face of an idea, a shining star for the argument in favour of career-furthering migration. He's the teenage conquistador who has shown his generation of English academy alumni a whole new world of possible progress across the English Channel...

"It's a good feeling, a nice feeling," he said of his pioneering role. "It's a good thing to give other players the opportunities somewhere else and not just at home. Give them a wider vision of what's out there. I'm happy that I've opened doors."

But as more and more Bundesliga clubs are scrambling to sign the best British talent, desperate not to miss out on the next Sancho, the former Manchester City player warned other youngsters stranded in the Premier League's nebulous "upside down" between the reserves and the first squad that going to the German top flight is not necessarily a cure-all.

"They do ask me what it's like, and I tell them truthfully: It's not easy. It's difficult."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.