Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen this posted anywhere else, apologies if old news.

Interesting read from the Guardian on club ownership across the last 16 teams in the Chimps League, imo highlighting the hypocrisy of it all...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ternative-guide-champions-league-ties-last-16

It's a follow up to an article by barney ronay (who is normally a twat with us) yesterday linked at the bottom of that one.

Basically saying all the top clubs are linked with certain governments, found it more balanced than than most articlea and really shows up the hypocrisy or rags/scouse/arse fans

Not seen this posted anywhere else, apologies if old news.

Interesting read from the Guardian on club ownership across the last 16 teams in the Chimps League, imo highlighting the hypocrisy of it all...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ternative-guide-champions-league-ties-last-16

"The club [City] has refused to give UEFA answers on new questions, based on documents exposed by Der Spiegel magazine". WTF? Firstly, I'm unaware of any questions UEFA have asked City in this respect. Secondly, even if they have why would City respond to unproven allegations without a shred of evidence in the public domain? IMO this is another case for the lawyers but nothing will happen and the Grauniad and other media outlets will continue to consider that they have carte blanche to write any old unverified shite about City.

It's a follow up to an article by barney ronay (who is normally a twat with us) yesterday linked at the bottom of that one.

Basically saying all the top clubs are linked with certain governments, found it more balanced than than most articlea and really shows up the hypocrisy or rags/scouse/arse fans

According to Ronay City only have Abu Dhabi based sponsors but he fails to mention the rags' being sponsored by state owned Saudi Telecom Co (now their longest established sponsor), Commercial Bank of Qatar and Emirates National Bank of Dubai.

He also fails to mention that Standard Chartered Bank, who have sponsored Liverpool since 2010 and recently signed an extension to 2023, were fined $340m for money laundering and accounts hiding activities relating to potential Iranian criminals and terrorists and are in line for a further fine of $1.5 billion for the same offence.

Last edited:
According to Ronay City only have Abu Dhabi based sponsors but he fails to mention the rags' being sponsored by state owned Saudi Telecom Co (now their longest established sponsor), Commercial Bank of Qatar and Emirates National Bank of Dubai.

He also fails to mention that Standard Chartered Bank, who have sponsored Liverpool since 2010 and recently signed an extension to 2023, were fined $340m for money laundering and accounts hiding activities relating to potential Iranian criminals and terrorists and are in line for a further fine of $1.5 billion for the same offence.

The other article mentions the rags dubai links, the pictures shows states thet are sponsoring or invested in clubs.
I agree, though he memtions standard charter are sponsorsn he fails to mention how bent they are.

Not perfect, but a more balanced article than you normally see.

He also fails to mention that Standard Chartered Bank, who have sponsored Liverpool since 2010 and recently signed an extension to 2023, were fined $340m for money laundering activities relating to Iranian criminals and terrorists and are in line for a further fine of $1.5 billion for the same offence.
And the report says that City are owned by Abu Dhabi. City are owned by Sheikh Mansour, and Chinese media companies.

Yes, I also wondered why that had been omitted. He seems to go into great detail regarding the wrongdoings of other club owners/sponsors.

I really do hope there is bias at the BBC because, if not, their standards are getting worse every day. I was listening to fighting talk this morning and they segued into a question about Chelsea by playing the commentary from goal number 6, last week. Murray then says that it was from the 6-0 thrashing last Saturday (pretty sure it was Sunday) at the Emirates! I suppose we should be thankful the ‘researchers’ got the score right....

I really do hope there is bias at the BBC because, if not, their standards are getting worse every day. I was listening to fighting talk this morning and they segued into a question about Chelsea by playing the commentary from goal number 6, last week. Murray then says that it was from the 6-0 thrashing last Saturday (pretty sure it was Sunday) at the Emirates! I suppose we should be thankful the ‘researchers’ got the score right....
5Iive giving free advertising for the end of season kick around with the German Rags with every sports bulletin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.