Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool fans want the PL more than anything else and have made that clear. Their cherished history is badly tarnished having never won it. They will be absolutely sick if we win the league on Sunday. And, if City manage to win the FA Cup as well, we will be achieving a historic treble which none of the great teams of the past were able to do. For me it's all about what we do in the next couple of weeks...couldn't care less about the CL. Even if Liverpool do win the CL...sadly for them it will be just a consolation prize.

They are changing their tune now to SIX TIMES and EUROPEAN ROYALTY etc etc. Oh and trust me, the pandering and plaudits they would receive in subsequent media coverage (title of this thread) would far exceed any rightful accolades coming the way of City, were Liverpool to win the Champions League.

This is partly why I want AJAX to win. WE just might get some friggin praise then!!

Any journalists going to tell us how good wolves have been away at the top 6?

Nobody in the media daring to say that wolves could cause an upset and hand the title to us?

Nobody on sky sports or btsport or talkshite bothered to tell us that Brighton are in fact Brazil in disguise and could throw up a shock?

Funny how the spurs, utd, Burnley and Leicester games was going to be the ones we'd slip up against yet nothing as of yet that wolves are a decent outfit!

Shithouses the lot of them.

normally like football 365 but they annoyed me this morning with an article showing that the Liverpool team yesterday cost on average £22m per player. I know technically Milner had no transfer fee but to imply he was a cast off and a genius pick up is slightly dishonest. the underdogging of Liverpool is disconcerting

I despise this.

Liverpool spent a world record on a defender and an absolutely insane amount on a goalkeeper. Their transfer record is higher than City’s.

They’ve spent a lot of money, however due to Barca paying silly money for Coutinho, their ‘net spend’ is much lower than City’s

Folk conveniently miss the glaring obvious in that fact: City have sold many players during Pep’s tenure, however none of them where that good and this is evidenced in the total sum earned through sales. That highlights to me that Pep has spent a lot of money because he had to as he had to replace many players and make City competitive.

Pep had a difficult job imo and yet folk will have you believe he took over 2009 Barcelona.

There’s always an element of judgmental sneering bubbling under the surface when it comes to Pep. When it’s good and he’s winning - they applaud him; however, the first sign of any cracks, any poor results or if City are knocked out (such as the CL), they all come out in full flow as if the headlines and reports were pre-written. They’re quick to call him a fraud (fraudiola), a chequebooks manager and a level below the elite managers. He’s never afforded the time and confidence that Klopp/Pochettino receive. How Klopp is so untouchable by the media is beggars belief.

Bit of credit to Granada Reports, yes bit of a Liverpool love in , but doing a bit about City's women and having Lauren Hemp and Janine Beakie in the studio with the two cups we've won .

I think Liverpool's game last night was one of the greatest comebacks.

It ranks with City v QPR, and United v Bayern. I've no problem with it being called as a great comeback because it was. Nobody really thought they'd do it so fair play. Still hate them.

I despise this.

Liverpool spent a world record on a defender and an absolutely insane amount on a goalkeeper. Their transfer record is higher than City’s.

They’ve spent a lot of money, however due to Barca paying silly money for Coutinho, their ‘net spend’ is much lower than City’s

Folk conveniently miss the glaring obvious in that fact: City have sold many players during Pep’s tenure, however none of them where that good and this is evidenced in the total sum earned through sales. That highlights to me that Pep has spent a lot of money because he had to as he had to replace many players and make City competitive.

Pep had a difficult job imo and yet folk will have you believe he took over 2009 Barcelona.

There’s always an element of judgmental sneering bubbling under the surface when it comes to Pep. When it’s good and he’s winning - they applaud him; however, the first sign of any cracks, any poor results or if City are knocked out (such as the CL), they all come out in full flow as if the headlines and reports were pre-written. They’re quick to call him a fraud (fraudiola), a chequebooks manager and a level below the elite managers. He’s never afforded the time and confidence that Klopp/Pochettino receive. How Klopp is so untouchable by the media is beggars belief.
I agree net spend is stupid. Say hypothetically we sold kdb in the summer for 150 (we obviously wouldn't because we're not a selling club). We would still be on 95/98 points and be on for a domestic treble. At the end of the day if players get 3 years coaching with a manager like pep or klopp they will become better players. If barca sold Messi at his peak for 500m and then spent it all the manager wouldn't get credit for net spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.