Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Delaney a Dipper - he has gone into full on meltdown since last Sunday. Has made a complete fool of himself on social media - talking utter nonsense and ignoring the fact that The Independent is part owned by the Middle East!

Who is Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel, the man who has just bought a 30% stake in the Independent online newspaper?

He is a rich man who wants to be richer, in short; and a Saudi investor seeking influence.

Money and influence are the two main reasons that people invest in media, and there's no reason to think Abuljadayel is any different.

Like Evgeny Lebedev, the majority owner of the Independent and the London Evening Standard with whom he is now a partner, Abuljadayel inherited his wealth.

The 42-year-old Saudi hails from a family with huge international property investments, and I am told he is not a member of the Saudi royal family or government.

But in a theocracy where all roads lead back to the House of Saud, the links between Abuljadayel and a monarchy whose reformist noises cannot conceal an appalling record on human rights will now come under the spotlight.

I have already been contacted by staff at the Independent - who are on the whole young, internationalist, and liberal in outlook - discomforted by the principle of a Saudi investor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40762906

Which one of you has edited that miguel delaney Wikipedia page lol

Is this not the normal Wiki entry for him?

Miguel Delaney is a nonce who talks continual shite on Twitter. Rumour has it he's never seen a vagina and had leprechauns on his bedroom wallpaper. He is the chief football writer at The Independent.[1]

Pissed off with yesterday's commentary. Not with Guy Mowbray, as I think he's pretty impartial. No. Just the all round turdishness, of the afore mentioned Jenas. Wetting himself for a Watford win, almost crying when the penalty appeal was turned down. Ended up having the Five Live commentary on, where Waddle and Dublin weren't exactly gushing, but at least fair.

Jenas is a dull spunktrumpet, who deserves contempt
Listening in the car yesterday just before I arrived at the train station and Waddle predicted a Watford win
Why?
Because they have a big man up front

while most of the journalists and part time bloggers/twitter warriors posted on this thread are 100% weapons, there is something to be said for a certain amount of bias in reporting or live commentating. these people are essentially in the entertainment industry and therefore the product they are supplying to their demographic needs to be interesting and entertaining.
having a realistic commentary or point of view on city recently would not make for excitement or entertainment for neutrals are the underdog fan boys. we have raised the level of play in this league and other teams are struggling to catch up. the game yesterday showed the gulf in class between 1st and 8th in the league at the moment, but the distance between 3rd and 10th is not that far apart. 1st and 2nd in the league this year have raised the bar to new heights, almost to an unrealistic level.
the commentator getting over giddy at a half chance from Watford is trying to drum up some emotion from the viewers, simple as that. i've been that viewer in the past and have cheered on the underdog, because back then that is what City were in those games, and i had genuine affinity with other teams in our situation.
certain leanings towards liverpool winning can be understood to some degree because of the human aspect of them winning it after 30 years. it is a bigger story to sell. bigger story = more clicks and therefore more cash. lets be honest here, those journalists we talk about are not in the industry for the love of the game only, they are in it for the same reason we all go to work. sometimes its a bonus to do a job you love and get paid while you're doing it.
unfortunately, some of the bottom feeding journos out there are in a frenzy to get the negative slant on City out to the general public via the entrenched whipped up jingoism from our nearest challengers in red. they see a customer base ready and waiting for their "product", and give them what they want in spades to get their attention and clicks. it is lowest common denominator journalism for a new generation of 3 second memory goldfish swimming in a sea of red.
when the red teams are performing, and even when they are not performing, they still warrant more attention because, at present, they have a larger pool of fingers clicking the stories.

tl;dr = pundits/journos are in the entertainment game and pander to their biggest cash cows. it wont change anytime soon.

I have not yet had a chance to vet all claims in this tweet thread, so read with skepticism (as is our nature), but some very interesting points are made.

Apparantly we've broken football. Nothing said when Liverpool dominated or Utdcdominated. But we've broken it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken
My god that is a desperate bitter article. We are a self sustaining football club that happens to be the best in the world at what we do. Never mind the efforts of our coaching staff that has produced undoubtedly the finest football this country has ever seen. No, its greed and money that have achieved that. Christ, if the Guardian showed a tenth of the professional excellence shown by our club it would be a 100 times better than that cheap lazy article. Football broken? Well if it is its not Manchester City that have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.