Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry for Merse I think his brain is drug addled or he is suffering early onset dementia or has a brain injury. Couldn't even remember Van Dykes name during that debate. Wants Loserpool to win it because he just does. Dickov pipes up "I don't", good lad.Looks more like a tramp every day as well our Merse.

Merson was a very good player but he's a shit pundit and a washed-up cûnt.

Considering we played 515 less matches than Liverpool it is a great points tally. I wonder how high we would be up in a points per game table. It confirms what Gary James has consistently said ie that the 80s and 90s were really just a glitch in our mainly successful history.

But we've also won about 500 less than them.

Considering we played 515 less matches than Liverpool it is a great points tally. I wonder how high we would be up in a points per game table. It confirms what Gary James has consistently said ie that the 80s and 90s were really just a glitch in our mainly successful history.

I'm not certain if you came to my talk at the Dancehouse in April but I spent a lot of time talking about the blip - let's not forget that in the early to mid-90s we finished 5th twice and believed we would win either the FA Cup or the PL before the 1996 shock relegation - These facts were just a small part of what I discussed at The Dancehouse. Most Blues would have enjoyed it that night (feedback has been extremely good) and it certainly gave people ammunition and a better understanding of our history. These facts are rather cold - the context is needed - but hopefully they make sense and help demonstrate the stature of MCFC.

The club’s position on ‘shock’ relegation day, 1983

Only Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool had enjoyed more consecutive seasons in the top flight than City

From first promotion in 1899 to 1983, the Blues had only spent 10 seasons outside the top flight (As a comparison from the Blues’ establishment as Manchester City in 1894 United had spent seven seasons fewer in the top division of English football).

The only teams that had enjoyed more seasons in the top flight during the period 1894-1983 were Everton (74), Liverpool (68), Villa (67) and Arsenal (66). City had enjoyed 63 seasons in the top flight.

In terms of trophy success the Blues had won nine major trophies, only three behind Manchester United on relegation day.

In the decade before the 1983 relegation City were regarded as one of the Big Four – City, Everton, United and Liverpool. Occasionally Spurs or Arsenal would be added to make it a Big Five or Six, but City were always included prior to relegation.

City’s average attendances were impressive for the period. In 1977 it was claimed the Blues had more season ticket holders than any other club and from 1975 to 1983 they finished the season as third best supported club every year apart from 1976 (4th), 1979 (4th), 1981 (4th), 1982 (4th) & 1983 (4th).

If you use them please state where they came from. Thanks. There's more like this in my MCFC Folklore book too: or https://www.conkereditions.co.uk/product/manchester-city-folklore-what-every-blue-needs-to-know/

IF.. we go on to win it, It's going to be the bitterest pill they've ever had to swallow.

Thank goodness, we can all breathe a big big sigh of relief' safe in the knowledge that LFC are working with the Merseyside police force.

This police force leaves no stone unturned to get to the bottom of these really really serious matters relating to these scallies.

With ALL the videos available there should be an urgent result, oh at least before the next football world cup.

I'm not certain if you came to my talk at the Dancehouse in April but I spent a lot of time talking about the blip - let's not forget that in the early to mid-90s we finished 5th twice and believed we would win either the FA Cup or the PL before the 1996 shock relegation - These facts were just a small part of what I discussed at The Dancehouse. Most Blues would have enjoyed it that night (feedback has been extremely good) and it certainly gave people ammunition and a better understanding of our history. These facts are rather cold - the context is needed - but hopefully they make sense and help demonstrate the stature of MCFC.

Only Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool had enjoyed more consecutive seasons in the top flight than City

From first promotion in 1899 to 1983, the Blues had only spent 10 seasons outside the top flight (As a comparison from the Blues’ establishment as Manchester City in 1894 United had spent seven seasons fewer in the top division of English football).

The only teams that had enjoyed more seasons in the top flight during the period 1894-1983 were Everton (74), Liverpool (68), Villa (67) and Arsenal (66). City had enjoyed 63 seasons in the top flight.

In terms of trophy success the Blues had won nine major trophies, only three behind Manchester United on relegation day.

In the decade before the 1983 relegation City were regarded as one of the Big Four – City, Everton, United and Liverpool. Occasionally Spurs or Arsenal would be added to make it a Big Five or Six, but City were always included prior to relegation.

City’s average attendances were impressive for the period. In 1977 it was claimed the Blues had more season ticket holders than any other club and from 1975 to 1983 they finished the season as third best supported club every year apart from 1976 (4th), 1979 (4th), 1981 (4th), 1982 (4th) & 1983 (4th).

If you use them please state where they came from. Thanks. There's more like this in my MCFC Folklore book too: or https://www.conkereditions.co.uk/product/manchester-city-folklore-what-every-blue-needs-to-know/

Thanks Gary. You do a great job rebutting the false narratives about City. When I was growing up in Manchester in the 60s City were seen as on the same level as United while Everton were regarded as the biggest club in Merseyside. People used to talk about Wolves like they do now about Liverpool. In my life City have consistently been one of the best supported clubs despite what some of the new fanboys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.