Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched SSN reporting from the Academy about today’s game. How cute were all the City kids in the background - one even had the obligatory cardboard FA cup cut out! 3 hours before kick off - brilliant!

Did it have tin foil on it? If not, the parents should be ashamed.

Just watched SSN reporting from the Academy about today’s game. How cute were all the City kids in the background - one even had the obligatory cardboard FA cup cut out! 3 hours before kick off - brilliant!
Name checks out...
download.jpeg

Decent commentary for today
No sly digs, and the only mention of the rags was at the end, and that was to say who we beat in the final.

Turned off the red button, and the BBC coverage of the arse dips game has a caption on the bottom of the screen mentioning the rags.

Off until the game starts

Decent commentary for today
No sly digs, and the only mention of the rags was at the end, and that was to say who we beat in the final.

Turned off the red button, and the BBC coverage of the arse dips game has a caption on the bottom of the screen mentioning the rags.

Off until the game starts
Was just thinking the commentary was good, then Shearer had to go and call Alexander-Arnold "Trent", and that makes my blood boil.

Was just thinking the commentary was good, then Shearer had to go and call Alexander-Arnold "Trent", and that makes my blood boil.
Apart from that I must have heard Shearer say "Arsenal ars very dangerous from set pieces" at least 4 times. he deals in clichés and often just repeatx what the commentator said. I doubt he could analyse his half time pie

You did say we were selling clothes with Super Dry on it...
View attachment 103450
Which we are not!

Also, I may not be an expert, but a simple cursory look at the trademark laws throws up an interesting point...
View attachment 103451
I say again, they will be laughed out of court... if anything they could be found guilty of Cultrual Appropriation as they are not a Japanese company!
Ah - I did check my past posts, and only saw the ones about using it, but you're more determined that I was :)
It may only be on the match shirts because City were aware there was a potential issue in the first place.

The trademark law bit linked to is almost certainly not relevant because that refers to the registration - which has already happened. I believe that sometimes trademarks can be challenged even after registration, but as Superdry isn't the kind of use they're talking about above, I doubt that'll be an issue.

The reason I replied to the first post, was that people were suggesting the journalists were targeting City, when it wasn't the club's problem. The articles appear to be correct, in that it is City that are being targeted, not Asahi, or Puma. And as that's the case, I was supposing why it might be - and the best I can suggest is that Superdry's trademark only covers the word on clothing (so they can't target the beer), and City are the ones responsible for putting it on the shirts.

I don't know if they'll win, but certainly they won't be laughed out of court, as they appear to have a strong argument. I do suspect that there will be some kind of negotiated agreement, rather than a court case, but that's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.