Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a webpage on the PL website that related to the Champions League. This page listed all the winners of the Champions League from England. There was a super picture of Salah etc in action. Strangely, not really, this page had not been updated since City's Champions Lesgue win last summer. Being a sad bastard I let the PL know. No reply. I tried again. No reply. I raised a complaint and I was advised the department would update the page. That was a few weeks ago. No change to the page. I contacted them again. Yes, I accept this is a bit sad. However, I want the PL to acknowledge our success bearing mind all the shit since they charged us. Anyway, to spare you any more on this story, I checked the page and currently it is saying the page has gone. Now it's possible they are making the amendments to it. Or, a more cynical view maybe that someone responsible for the PL website doesn't want to acknowledge City's historic achievement. We shall see. Here's the link.

Quick update on this. The PL have stopped replying to messages from me about their erroneous webpage. They got rid of the original page. Then they moved the page elsewhere on their website still with the old information which did not acknowledge City's win in the Champions League. And I prompted them again to update the information and now that page has gone as well. Are the PL running away from the facts? Very odd behaviour from them. Do they not like City for some reason?

Not quite the media I know but if you want to read a textbook on abject bitterness see this long-running Sad Cafe thread. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch kamikaze/delf-destruction football every week?
Tis an interesting read and seeing the external perspective...

Skipping all the financial and history based posts (I'll leave that to the other thread or other people to discuss)
I've heard the opinion of the way we play under pep being boring by quite a few different fans before and it seems to me to fall under 2 headers:
1 the ending is pre determined
2 the play is too risk adverse.

Like the financial posts there's no point arguing with the first opinion but the second if you try and ignore bias is either personal preference i.e. preferring counter attack hero striker style of play. Or comes down to how the opposition play...
I love watching the tactical style of dragging the opponents back and forth across the pitch looking for an opening but some games can feel like a bit of a drag when 80 of the 90 minutes is 11 players defending in the penalty box.

And as for the hero striker style of play... The times I've seen haaland or others on 2/3rds of a hat trick squaring the ball to someone else who has a better chance... Love that shit. :) reminds me of pep being fuming last season at haaland giving the ball to gundo to take a penalty to try and get his hat trick.
Different strokes and all that...

Skipping all the financial and history based posts (I'll leave that to the other thread or other people to discuss)
I've heard the opinion of the way we play under pep being boring by quite a few different fans before and it seems to me to fall under 2 headers:

Like the financial posts there's no point arguing with the first opinion but the second if you try and ignore bias is either personal preference i.e. preferring counter attack hero striker style of play. Or comes down to how the opposition play...
I love watching the tactical style of dragging the opponents back and forth across the pitch looking for an opening but some games can feel like a bit of a drag when 80 of the 90 minutes is 11 players defending in the penalty box.

And as for the hero striker style of play... The times I've seen haaland or others on 2/3rds of a hat trick squaring the ball to someone else who has a better chance... Love that shit. :) reminds me of pep being fuming last season at haaland giving the ball to gundo to take a penalty to try and get his hat trick.
I've always wondered if Pep instructed the team to stay within our own half against one of the more defensive mined teams what would happen? Would the other team come out or just sit back? if we then hit them on the counter and score and then sit back will we make heads explode? Would everybody leave due to boredom? Would we get slated for being overly defensive or boring?

Come on Pep, just the first half as an experiment.

It's the same old story, it's only boring because it's not their team & manager playing that way, constantly winning trophies

It's the same old story, it's only boring because it's not their team & manager playing that way, constantly winning trophies
Completely agree that other fans are now picking up from the Media narrative that City are "ruining football", with their slow passing approach.
What is never mentioned that very few clubs attack City and have a go with open, attacking tactics.
Unfortunately, this weekend has seen the 2 Red Arse Cheeks clubs play a very exciting match.
But, the earlier League encounter at Anfield this season (a 0-0, bored draw) was the dullest match seen for many years.
Be prepared for many more ignorant comments on how City are getting left behind by teams playing attractive football...

There's definitely an aspect of that. Looking at the thread posted there was a few saying they preferred watching Liverpool to City...

I personally don't enjoy watching either of them (Liverpool United) I can't put my finger on exactly why but I don't usually enjoy watching us vs Liverpool (at least in recent memory) it's hard to remove bias but it's an interesting thought experiment.
I've always wondered if Pep instructed the team to stay within our own half against one of the more defensive mined teams what would happen? Would the other team come out or just sit back? if we then hit them on the counter and score and then sit back will we make heads explode? Would everybody leave due to boredom? Would we get slated for being overly defensive or boring?

Come on Pep, just the first half as an experiment.
I mean if we already get accused of being boring what's to lose?

It's like the conversation about added time that we get vs 'fergie time'... With 70% possession and most free kicks etc being taken instantly is it any wonder we don't get much time added on? I can't imagine playing entirely within the centre circle to our box for 45 mins would make many people excited (I'm sure some would say we already do this) but the reaction would definitely be interesting.

Of course this won’t be mentioned in the media. Liverpool fans throwing smokies (not flares) into the disabled section at Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.