Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In stark contrast to the ever tiresome Sweeney, does anyone know what’s happened to the boys at the Grauniad? Time was when either Barney or one of the Jonathans would have responded to a day like yesterday with a blizzard of “asterixes”, “lack of jeopardys” or “sportswashing projects”. Indeed up until about 2 months ago, that was their default setting for any City victory, be it against Luton or Liverpool.
Have they been warned off by the club’s lawyers or by their own editors or does something else lie behind their apparent volte face? Have they been given insider info that we’re looking at a “not guilty” verdict and are pre-emptively distancing themselves from their erstwhile opinions or, conversely, have they decided to keep shtum for fear of jeopardising the PL’s case?
I could have understood a toning down, but they’ve gone from constant sniping to barely a dissenting voice these last few weeks……

@tolmie's hairdoo - any thoughts mate?
I never read BRIAC as his writing style annoys me whatever the topic (someone trying way too hard to sound clever and appear funny). But from what I’ve seen the Jonathans seem to have been spending most of their time telling everyone how boring the Champions League has become. No idea how they coped with the Quarter-Final 1st legs last week - must have blown their tiny minds.

I never read BRIAC as his writing style annoys me whatever the topic (someone trying way too hard to sound clever and appear funny). But from what I’ve seen the Jonathans seem to have been spending most of their time telling everyone how boring the Champions League has become. No idea how they coped with the Quarter-Final 1st legs last week - must have blown their tiny minds.
Opposite to you I that I like ronay s writing style but haven't read for ages as the agenda was tedious. Ages was right about Jonathan. Mr Paradise couldn't write a shopping list

Eamonn Sweeney​

Eamonn Sweeney

Eamonn Sweeney is a journalist for Mediahuis Ireland covering the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent.

-------------------------

The hills have eyes can be dismissed as having a definite bias.
Bitter scouse ****

Phil Mcnulty is hosting a Q&A on the albeeb football page. It's a self help therapy session for dipper & Tarquin fans judging by some of the questions they are asking him.

Eamonn Sweeney​

Eamonn Sweeney

Eamonn Sweeney is a journalist for Mediahuis Ireland covering the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent.

-------------------------

The hills have eyes can be dismissed as having a definite bias.
Is that Eddie The Eagle ?
Aka serial failure.

I looked at that photo and thought it was Heston Blumenthal. Maybe Eamonn should stick to running a pub restaurant as I haven't laughed so much at a dummy-spitting, mouth-frothing article in years. Mard arse cry baby.
This isn’t what he signed up for when he chose a red shirt in which to puff his chest out strutting round his little, faraway hovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.