Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Roan at his finest.

”And 16 months after City were charged with more than a hundred rule breaches, a hearing in their case is not thought to be scheduled until the autumn, contributing to the mounting scrutiny of the league’s governance and processes.

While City deny wrongdoing, a sixth league triumph in seven years - potentially by just one point for the third time in five seasons after pipping Liverpool in 2019 and 2022 - would only intensify questions over the fairness of how they assembled their squad over several years.

A fourth title in a row would also mean more scrutiny over the time that the case has taken, and whether the club’s wealth has distorted the competitiveness of the league, alongside undoubted admiration for the team and their coach.”

Dan Roan at his finest.

”And 16 months after City were charged with more than a hundred rule breaches, a hearing in their case is not thought to be scheduled until the autumn, contributing to the mounting scrutiny of the league’s governance and processes.

While City deny wrongdoing, a sixth league triumph in seven years - potentially by just one point for the third time in five seasons after pipping Liverpool in 2019 and 2022 - would only intensify questions over the fairness of how they assembled their squad over several years.

A fourth title in a row would also mean more scrutiny over the time that the case has taken, and whether the club’s wealth has distorted the competitiveness of the league, alongside undoubted admiration for the team and their coach.”
Absolute gibberish as usual

got a bit of a drive this afternoon so thought I would listen to a bit of hawksbury and Jacobs on talkshite to hear how Paul hawksbury views the spurs city game yesterday BUT instead of him there was lying in wait that screeching annoying fkka shedbahn O fknn hearn, first she said city as a whole I guess, fans and team a like after the game maybe prematurely then when pulled up by a city fan the idiot denied it and Andy Jacobs took the blame, unbelievable and annoying as fk to listen too, gonne see the dribble out as I fancy getting more annoyed today, fkum
I can understand why you picked your user name now...

;)

‘Naturally most of this belonged in the realm of online silliness, and soon enough pre-game ambivalence gave way to a thrumming, relentless opening, a kind of Total Angeball: four midfielders, two wingers, no strikers, the kind of lineup Pep Guardiola used to put out when he still had ideals.”

View attachment 118954

Don't know who wrote this but I'm guessing it's from the self proclaimed intellectuals at the Guardian football desk.

The write about football but seemingly hate everything about it (except when a red shirted team are winning of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.