Media Discussion - 2023/24

Sorry mate, I don’t agree that someone’s not from Manchester if they move away. For me personally, I was born in Manchester and lived in Moss Side followed by Cheadle Hulme. I was a Platt Lane and then Kippax season ticket holder and then moved away for work reasons back in 1990. I have listened and watched most City games live over the decades and always attend matches when I’m back. I am from Manchester just like Noel and many others who’s life circumstances took them away.
Never said he wasn't from Manchester, I said "from" as in a resident.

I lived 10 years in the channel Islands and when their was "from" jersey, but I was still a Mancunian

Neville is neither from Manchester or a Mancunian, where as Noel is

Never said he wasn't from Manchester, I said "from" as in a resident.

I lived 10 years in the channel Islands and when their was "from" jersey, but I was still a Mancunian

Neville is neither from Manchester or a Mancunian, where as Noel is
I'd always go with the University Challenge version of from -

"Hi, I'm madloaf, i'm from manchester and i'm studying media studies and the decline of sports journalism"

even if i was studying this and living somewhere else.

Still, you're right about neville - he's a **** from cuntsville.

funny a lad from bury who owns a club in salford and played for a club in trafford, nowt Manc about him either.

though noel fucking off to london 20 odd years ago does invalidate his presently a hometown boy monika, he's born a mancunian but at the same time not "from" manchester by choice
Of course he’s from Manchester. His career took him to London, same as me.

Why do you think my username is “in” and not “from”?

The other thing as well, I don't think I'd be too motivated as a player knowing that the football hierarchy of the club appear to have said they're open to selling all of the players bar about three. That must create a really inspiring and motivating environment, knowing they think you're crap and could be fucked off over the coming weeks.

Hope we absolutely batter the bastards.
Reminds me of the reported Joe Mercer speech in the dressing room after the 1969 cup final win. Went something like 'with the money from the cup final win, we can now buy some better players'.

Well there in is an entirely other issue of how the media portray success.

Virtually every article on the web states that in bacon face's 27 yrs he won 38 major trophies but when you look at the trophies to get to that number you have to include the 10 community/charity shields.

In reality he won an average of just over 1 per year, because as you rightly say its a meaningless trophy. Pep has won 15 so far with City, not including charity shields. If we win the FA Cup thats an average of 2 per season.
Correct. If you consider major trophies to be League titles, FA Cups, League Cups and European trophies GPC has won 25 (13+5+4+3 - including an ECWC win) in 27 years. Pep has won 13, hopefully 14 tomorrow, (6+2+4+1) in 8 years. On this basis Pep has a better return over time than GPC. The only pity is that Pep won't be here for 27 years.

Sorry mate, I don’t agree that someone’s not from Manchester if they move away. For me personally, I was born in Manchester and lived in Moss Side followed by Cheadle Hulme. I was a Platt Lane and then Kippax season ticket holder and then moved away for work reasons back in 1990. I have listened and watched most City games live over the decades and always attend matches when I’m back. I am from Manchester just like Noel and many others who’s life circumstances took them away.
Rag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.