Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I’m pretty wank at all this business type shite. If this is all down to money and spending etc etc then why are we being portrayed as the big bad wolf when we don’t spend anywhere near what other top 4 clubs do and don’t have huge sponsorship deals with adidas or have really dodgy sponsorship with standard chartered or dodgy ground sponsorship with emirates. Like I say I’m pretty wank at this sort of shit but these journalists need to take a real closer look at the clubs they root for everyday before chastising us.

Cunts.

Winter and Cross last night on Sky back pages blathering on about how we're damaging the game and saying in the original constitution at the formation of the Football League the Villa Chairman included a clause clubs wouldn't sue each other.

Well you pair of tossers why are the PL taking action against one of its own members in the first place, this is malicious in the extreme, funny how none of the perceived American owned "big clubs" plus Spuds haven't received one significant punishment, ever, despite breaking PL rules.

Do Winter and Cross expect us to lie down and have our bellies tickled?

There is an obvious orchestration here, the anti City hacks plus the more moderate ones have colluded here and are trying to influence the outcome, it's pathetic.

Now I’m pretty wank at all this business type shite. If this is all down to money and spending etc etc then why are we being portrayed as the big bad wolf when we don’t spend anywhere near what other top 4 clubs do and don’t have huge sponsorship deals with adidas or have really dodgy sponsorship with standard chartered or dodgy ground sponsorship with emirates. Like I say I’m pretty wank at this sort of shit but these journalists need to take a real closer look at the clubs they root for everyday before chastising us.

Cunts.

Because almost everyone who writes for the sports websites or newspapers is either a rag/scouse/cockney fan or a racist, in many cases both.

They don’t like that we’ve ousted their boyhood teams as the ones winning stuff, or that we’re owned by someone from the Middle East.

Quite mild compared to the shite Matt Scott came out with.

Called us "Cheats, Bullies and Liars" ......Bitter tarquin ****.

Does Matt Scott count as a journalist any longer? Thought he'd been fired by every mainstream outlet he ever worked for and has seen his guest appearances as what was risibly referred to as an 'expert' also dry up.

Entirely deserved if true, because he had a dreadful, leaden prose style that any self-aware broadsheet journalist would be utterly embarrassed by, while he manifestly had pitiful knowledge of the business aspects of sport (amply demonstrated with every article he penned and comment he made) despite claiming expertise in the field. And, as you justly point out, he's a bitter tarquin ****.

Some lovely balance as you'ld expect from the BBC today. Letting the positive and negative comments about our legal battle with the PL come through - they've posted one vaguely positive comment and then:

I'm no FFP expert, but claiming the rules are discriminatory and unfair when your club faces 115 charges of breaching them! Let's just say, from a PR point of view it doesn't look good! Clearly City don't care about being popular or respected!

Paul

Rules exist in sporting competition not to discriminate against the wealthy, but to stop the wealthy discriminating against the poorest who aren’t afforded such inherent luxury to gift an advantage on. Man City should be booted hard and firm into the National League.

Lee, London

Is saying "The rules are unfair" something that someone who broke the rules would say?

Paul

Can the Premier League not threaten to expel Man City if they go ahead with the case? City needs the Premier League more than the Premier League needs City.

Rob, London

Man City have gone from a team quite neutral on, to a team and ownership absolutely despise, everything they have done is now tainted by this action, their contempt for anything but themselves obviously has no limits, hope they move to a super league and good rid, where ownership can peacock to other billionaires, it's just strutting contest to them, their billions mean they always get what want, should be no more, kick them out, a disgrace.

Martin

Players looking to leave. Staff jumping ship to United. How long until Pep calls it a day. It’s all unraveling now. Justice is coming.

Dave

To me, it seems the legal action is a desperate move to try and head off a hefty punishment when their presumed guilt is announced in October. Otherwise, why try and change the rules now?

Anon

To all of the Man City fans who constantly ask 'why don't other teams appreciate our success' I make this 116 reasons why now.

John, Coventry

Whichever rag is moderating, he's having a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.