Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Herbert from the Daily United.

Newcastle United and Leeds United are still bigger than City.

2 absolute whoppers.

And City are (still) haunted by United.

View attachment 121466
What an absolutely clueless knobhead. We'd won more than Leeds even before their takeover despite their faux rivalry with the Rags. Newcastle haven't won anything in 55 years!

I guarantee if you go back 15 years you'll find an article of his saying "having rich owners does not buy a good team spirit." There were loads of them about at the time.

I think @tolmie's hairdoo is your man for the detail on this one. I remember him posting about it before.

I kicked them out. They went after my poor mate Lindsay Sutton, who was unfortunately a freelance, covering it on behalf of the Mirror that night.

All the press lads were cowering inside and I went outside to have a word with the group of lads and told them it wasn't him and to come back at the next home game and I would point them out.

They kicked the door in for shits and giggles but I knew all the lads and they were sound.

I went back inside and all you could hear was Lindsay shouting, 'Please tell 'em it wasn't me?'

I even walked him back to his car after the game because he was still shitting himself.

Are the bigwigs going to make up the losses for those franchisees, some of whom may be City fans as well.
There really should be a boycott of Dominos. City now have one of the biggest social media audiences in the world. There are at least 75,000 members on this forum alone. They would shit themselves. Commercial boycotts can be very effective.

Last edited:
There really should be a boycott of Dominos. City now have one of the biggest social media audiences in the world. There are at least 75,000 members on this forum alone. They would shit themselves. Commercial boycotts can be very effective.
75 thousand members on here?

Holy foccacia, I thought we had no fans?

Sorry but that sounds very dipper.
I know what you mean. I don't want us to become "Victim FC" but I remember that one of the tipping points for the removal of Peter Swales at City was a threatened boycott of Greenall's beer. At the time the brewery had a stake in the club. Parking the hysteria to one side though I think we could learn a lot from the way other fanbases campaign to get things done. We have been slaughtered by the media (social and mainstream) and being taunted by a pizza company feels like the thin end of the wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.