Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the next narrative will be that we've inflated the fee that Atletico are reporting themselves to be paying us for Alvarez.
Isn't that how these weirdos work?
One of the comments on the BBC article is from someone saying someone linked to our owner will reimburse Athletico Madrid the full amount of the transfer fee so we can pass PSR. YCNMIU.

One of the comments on the BBC article is from someone saying someone linked to our owner will reimburse Athletico Madrid the full amount of the transfer fee so we can pass PSR. YCNMIU.
Shows how stupid some are. It matters not one jot how the transfer is financed, whether it's one payment or multiple instalments. We'll still record the basic fee of €75m in our books and report something like a €65m+ profit on the deal in our 2025 accounts.

As an aside, I've posted this before but I think it was part of the Der Spiegel stuff regarding when we bought Aguero from AM, we agreed on a down-payment and 2 further instalments. As often happens, Atletico 'sold' the future instalments at a discount for an immediate cash payment. Basically it's invoice financing.

The PL wouldn't register the transfer however, unless they had proof of the source of the funds Atletico were receiving. It's standard anti-money laundering practice but there was a bit of a stand off as the money came from an offshore trust in the British Virgin Islands and the lawyers were reluctant to reveal the ultimate beneficiary. After some to and fro, they did reveal the name. It wasn't explicitly made public but was described as the owner of an eponymous high-street bookmaker.

There are a handful of names that fit that bill but I'd love to believe it was united fan Fred Done.

Last edited:
They are trying their hardest to avoid reference to what we paid for him approx £14m as that won’t fit the narrative
Sky certainly aren't, in fact they're reporting it as a sale at £82mill and happily mention we only paid £14mill, not bad for just two and half seasons :)

Once I found out she was a rag, couldn't watch her, wouldn't cheer her. God I'm one sad bastard.
As soon as she'd got her breath back the BBC had Ellie Toone lined up to add her congrats. Yer can all fuck off, yer Rag bastards!

My ERO was full of the publicity (often self-made) of Noah Lyles. I was doing my best to not get dragged in and then I found out he was a Rag! End of watching.

I suppose the next narrative will be that we've inflated the fee that Atletico are reporting themselves to be paying us for Alvarez.
Isn't that how these weirdos work?
The narrative on Talksport is the transfer has created a "football recession" with regards to player transfers.

We're either inflating or destroying football transfers. I wish they'd make up their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.