Media Discussion - 2023/24

The Daily United.

Newcastle's defeat is the main headline. City's win is a small side article below it.
I too hate our sports media, but to be fair, City beating YBB is less exciting than the Geordies getting beat at home by their first real CL opposition. More so given there were claims that NUFC would win the ECL easily, less than two weeks ago, following their "perennial" win v PSG.

To be fair Shearer has a point we had a scatter gun transfer policy back in 2009 , the problem is Shearer should have referenced our superb transfer dealings since Pep arrived, if you work out our spend against trophies won we must have the best ratio and value for money in europe , our squad might have cost nearly a billion but its worth far more on the current transfer market, what price Haaland ? £250m-£300m minimum when he cost "only" £50m , its a no brainer.

To be fair Shearer has a point we had a scatter gun transfer policy back in 2009 , the problem is Shearer should have referenced our superb transfer dealings since Pep arrived, if you work out our spend against trophies won we must have the best ratio and value for money in europe , our squad might have cost nearly a billion but its worth far more on the current transfer market, what price Haaland ? £250m-£300m minimum when he cost "only" £50m , its a no brainer.

Think we were a bit scatter gun until we got the Txiki in

I wish you'd keep your reply in where I made my statement which wasn't the media thread but the Bobby Charlton one, then I could find it easier. I had to go back and my rather heated post/reply was not to you but to some stiff fingers idiot or somebody.

I didn't say no club chants offensive words occasionally but the rags do it consistently. That nick nack paddy whack song is their main song and they sing it frequently every game. In fact I hardly hear them singing anything else.

The rags and their fans are the worst in the country, well okay on a par with the scouse scumbags, two cheeks of the same arse. You won't find an argument from me in respecting Bobby Charlton but the rags, never.
I'm just surprised the commentary doesn't go silent while the mibs belt out a pre match Nik Nack, as they do with the world famous YAWN anthem at the coach wreckers stadium.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.