Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, the global picture is everything for the club, the UK market is dominated by the legacy clubs and that's amplified and nurtured by the UK sports media, not to mention the political opinion columns of left leaning publications.
Left wing/right wing has nothing to do with it. Those terms were never anything more than shorthands. They were never desgned to pigeonhole or entrench.

When it comes to the Fourth Estate's treatment of City, the truth is far simpler and more prosaic. Far uglier too.

There's only one left-leaning national newspaper in the UK and that's the Guardian. Admittedly, they do hate City's owners. This is because of perceived connections to human rights abuses. They're hypocritical in their own way but, for the sake of simplicity, let's park that for now and deal with the larger phalanx of hate.

There are several famously right-leaning publications such as the Times, The Telegraph, The Sun, The Star and The Daily Mail. Others like the Evening Standard, the Independent and the Daily Mirror are less far over on the spectrum but still conventional and usually right of centre (although the Mirror flip flops).

All of these publications like to pronounce that ultimately they hate City's owners because of perceived human rights abuses. They don't. Let me explain why.

There's no à la carte menu of human rights.You can't pretend to be concerned about human rights abuses and champion the Tories current attempt to simultaneously drive a coach and four through the UK Courts' decisions and the European Court of Human Rights declarations.
Whilst the individuals working for them might have their own agendas when it comes to City, overall, it is my opinion that primarily these publications give them free reign to spout bile because they hate our owners based in the colour of their skin. (And their religion too, probably).
Nothing we ever do or achieve will win over their racist hearts.

TL/DR, they're all horrible organs.

Last edited:
Talking to a couple of mates last night in the pub, one a Chelsea fan one a utd fan. Both thought it was hilarious that Carragher bit at Peps comment last week. And that Neville then took the piss. Both obviously think spitty is a complete bell end and shouldn't be a pundit.

Left wing/right wing has nothing to do with it. Those terms were never anything more than shorthands. They were never desgned to pigeonhole or entrench.

When it comes to the Fourth Estate's treatment of City, the truth is far more simpler and more prosaic. Far uglier too.

There's only one left-leaning national newspaper in the UK and that's the Guardian. Admittedly, they do hate City's owners. This is because of perceived connections to human rights abuses. They're hypocritical in their own way but, for the sake of simplicity, let's park that for now and deal with the larger phalanx of hate.

There are several famously right-leaning publications such as the Times, The Telegraph, The Sun, The Star and The Daily Mail. Others like the Evening Standard, the Independent and the Daily Mirror are less far over on the spectrum but still conventional and usually right of centre (although the Mirror flip flops).

All of these publications like to pronounce that ultimately they hate City's owners because of perceived human rights abuses. They don't. Let me explain why.

There's no à la carte menu of human rights.You can't pretend to be concerned about human rights abuses and champion the Tories current attempt to simultaneously drive a coach and four through the UK Courts' decisions and the European Court of Human Rights declarations.
Whilst the individuals working for them might have their own agendas when it comes to City, overall, it is my opinion that primarily these publications give them free reign to spout bile because they hate our owners based in the colour of their skin. (And their religion too, probably).

I'll be fascinated to see how they all react should the next world cup be held in a country led by a dictator stripping his people of human rights.

Why the fuck are Sky news and BBC news showing Shane McGowans funeral????
I'm glad you don't edit the news.

Hollywood A-listers, some of the world"s biggest names in popular music, numerous noted writers and academics, the President of Ireland as well as tens of thousands of ordinary people lining the streets, leading up to the door of a church in a smallish town in North Tipperary, all to pay their respects at the funeral of one of the finest songwriters of any generation is a newsworthy event.
News channels often use footage of newsworthy events.
As events go, it really couldn't be any more newsworthy.

When it comes to the Fourth Estate's treatment of City, the truth is far more simpler and more prosaic. Far uglier too.

Is there some subtle nuance to the Scottish sense of humour that I'm not aware of? Putting De Zerbi and Emery (both bloody good managers, by the way) in the same bracket as Guardiola and Klopp? Seriously?

It's "free REIN"

How many more times do I have to write this?

I shall keep correcting this malapropism until t is finally eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.