Media Discussion - 2023/24

Was listening to Radio 5 yesterday for a few hours while driving. The amount of self promotion was unbelievable.... listen to BBC sounds....go to bbc website... Watch on iPlayer. The presenters must get a bonus for each plug they do!

Was listening to Radio 5 yesterday for a few hours while driving. The amount of self promotion was unbelievable.... listen to BBC sounds....go to bbc website... Watch on iPlayer. The presenters must get a bonus for each plug they do!
More adverts than itv ;-)

Fair enough, just rewatched it and I did mis-hear 'ordered to give it a go' for 'always give it a go"

He did say united were 'in the mood to give it a real go'... not sure what evidence he was basing that on.

It's still inaccurate of the commentator to say 'united will be ordered to give this go as they always will at home'... as per my original point, I've seen no evidence at all that they're under any orders to 'give it a go' in any of the games they've played this season, if anything the only orders they receive are to defend deep, stifle the opposition and try and nick a goal on the break... the very opposite of 'giving it a go'
I agree, as I said I'm not sure who it is orders them to give it a go. But not withstanding being ordered to do something and actually doing it are very different.
However I do feel at the point he made the comment (within the first 10 minutes) United were giving it a go (arguably they were the better team) so I can see the evidence on which he based his comment on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.