Media Discussion - 2023/24

Is it just our fans getting pissed off with the BBC's bias , there are 18 other Premier league clubs who get very little coverage than the Rags & Dippers and not forgetting the rest of the football pyramid. No matter how many times you complain you get a standard BBC reply "nothing to see here" complaining to Ofcom is a joke it takes them 6 months to acknowledge a complaint. Hopefully the next governement will seriously take steps to defund the BBC , when they become a subscription service they will die a slow death.

I had a comment removed the other day. Some scouser said we “robbed” them of trophies through cheating and bribes.
I politely pointed out this was totally untrue - they were a fine team but one that often fell short.
They should celebrate their successes and the trophies they managed to win, stop playing the “victim card” and other fans would respect them more.
So it’s okay for some scouse cretin to throw complete untruths out there and accuse our club of theft, bribery and cheating - but for me to say such lies equate to “playing the victim card” is unacceptable. Fuck off BBC.
I have loads removed, when Klopp announced that he was giving up and fucking off, I posted this:

Be gone foul beast of the field!

Lasted about 30 seconds

I use the Guardian online every day good political articles and asked every day to make a donation but in the words of great Ian Dury they will get Jack Shit from me until they get rid of the anti City reporting.

I see Ronay's back on his favourite subject. Won't link but here's a flavour...

"To many neutrals such success in the stratified modern game will carry a sense of economic inevitability, a symptom also of something broken in the way the sport arranges itself now"

"there is a perfect fit between the Guardiola style, which is about control first of all, mastering the ball, destroying the variables that might bring defeat and the billionaire-ball model of City’s nation-state owners, which also involves creating a structure of such impenetrable wealth that its aim is to remove the possibility of defeat."

"But is it actually interesting? Or interesting enough? It was notable in the broadcast of the Brentford game that Sky Sports seemed to be making a very conscious effort to develop a City narrative"

And an all-time classic..

"Not to mention, because nobody seems to want to, the issue of those 115 unresolved charges for breaking financial rules"

He's gone even more Delooney.

I see Ronay's back on his favourite subject. Won't link but here's a flavour...

"To many neutrals such success in the stratified modern game will carry a sense of economic inevitability, a symptom also of something broken in the way the sport arranges itself now"

"there is a perfect fit between the Guardiola style, which is about control first of all, mastering the ball, destroying the variables that might bring defeat and the billionaire-ball model of City’s nation-state owners, which also involves creating a structure of such impenetrable wealth that its aim is to remove the possibility of defeat."

"But is it actually interesting? Or interesting enough? It was notable in the broadcast of the Brentford game that Sky Sports seemed to be making a very conscious effort to develop a City narrative"

And an all-time classic..

"Not to mention, because nobody seems to want to, the issue of those 115 unresolved charges for breaking financial rules"

He's gone even more Delooney.
I used to quite like him before he started down his blinkered anti City pathway. Now he just writes writes the same nonsense about us, it's just the flowery language that changes.
Football writers appear to live in a Boris Johnson 'sunlit uplands' country where all was right in the world until the nasty middle east oil money arrived.
I don't click on any of 'the guardian' football articles anymore. I do the rest of the paper but just like @murcian blue in the comment above yours they won't be getting any of my money.

Is it just our fans getting pissed off with the BBC's bias , there are 18 other Premier league clubs who get very little coverage than the Rags & Dippers and not forgetting the rest of the football pyramid. No matter how many times you complain you get a standard BBC reply "nothing to see here" complaining to Ofcom is a joke it takes them 6 months to acknowledge a complaint. Hopefully the next governement will seriously take steps to defund the BBC , when they become a subscription service they will die a slow death.
Not sure it is worth defunding a valuable public service because its limited football coverage is wank.

local radio
educational services
the world services.

I rarely read bbc sport pages bar the cricket nowadays (testmatch special is still good coverage), we know media city is full of rags and that bbc is stuck in some 80s scouse love in loop it seem unwilling to let go, but I see no value to the wider nation in removing a public service, it needs a balanced team setting up but tbf I wouldn't defund it personally.

we would only end up wth a talkshite commercial clickbait replacement imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.