Media discussion - 2024/25

Heard a wolves fan on talkshit saying City should be suspended until the 115 is sorted lol. Wanting us suspended for over 4 years fucking hell lol
But Talksport are to blame for that. They allowed the scouse waster John Bishop to go on a rant stating that exact point. Idiots then hear it and think its a great idea. It is a station not interested in facts or logic, simply sensationalism.

They’ve got a poll too!
Apparently 71% say the goal should have been disallowed
Loving the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth
71%, eh? My, my that's impressive, more than 7 out of 10 people think Stones' goal should have been disallowed. Conclusive or what?!

Very impressive indeed and doubtless providing the cue ('Tyranny of the Majority', anyone?!) for punter comments aplenty regarding City being nothing but dirty, brown-skinned oil cheats who everybody knows buy off referees and officials..

Trouble is, those who set up such polls and then use them to justify their positions tend not to understand much about statistical analysis including, may I offer, such things as the 'Yule-Simpson Effect' which points out (among other things) how correlations within the sample being analysed can skew the results/conclusions.

The thing is, the people who respond to such polls are what we used to call 'knobheads' back in the day in Hulme.. so, it should really say on the BBC footy website, '70+% of Knobheads believe City's goal should have been disallowed'

Purely in the interests of statistical accuracy, of course..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.