Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldstein on the sports bar last night said to cundy will city just winning the prem be a failure!
A fuckin failure!
Cundy soon shot him down and put him right.
What a ridiculous comment to come out with but then again he is red mardarse and they are coming out with the most stupidest reasonings as of late.

That’s to make City fans bite and ring in say something ridicules.

If anyone is interested in seeing SSN finally come to terms with our success, check out the photo and headline for the main story on the Sky Sports Football front page.

I only dreamed of this sort of veiled praise through gritted teeth in years gone by.

Last edited:
Goldstein on the sports bar last night said to cundy will city just winning the prem be a failure!
A fuckin failure!
Cundy soon shot him down and put him right.
What a ridiculous comment to come out with but then again he is red mardarse and they are coming out with the most stupidest reasonings as of late.
If only winning the premier league is deemed a failure what will winning bugger all be??

Trying to be a bit "adult" here, a bit sanguine even, so when the media show their true colours (red ) I tend to shrug or maybe raise one eyebrow. The red dippers built a formidable fan base under two very successful managers , and their appeal to a religious section of an island with a far-flung diaspora that had no champions of their own to follow. Stretford had the tragedy of Munich that garnered world-wide sympathisers but their biggest leg-up came when murdoch adopted them as his pet cash-cow to spread the sky brand to the untapped far east. So much money involved that keeping the pot boiling became crucial to an already cash-rich and ruthless organisation, one that has had little trouble controlling a subservient government, let alone a sport.
The point I'm labouring to make is that such a deeply entrenched (however misguided) support will not disappear overnight, it could take years. The foundations of a City dynasty are already laid, in playgrounds and parks, kids all over the world are attracted to a team that plays football of the kind that inspires and thrills them, makes them want to support and be associated with that team. So, patience is the key, for us fans, see the snide comments and underhand actions (ffp...ffs) for what they are......... desperate, lip-trembling efforts to resurrect the past, to make City go away. As has been said before "the past is yours the future is ours.

Great post BB

If anyone is interest in seeing SSN finally come to terms with our success, check out the photo and headline for the main story on the Sky Sports Football front page.

I only dreamed of this sort of veiled praise through gritted teeth in years gone by.

The page i've just found has not 1 mention of City on it
http://www.skysports.com/football

The page i've just found has not 1 mention of City on it
http://www.skysports.com/football
Exactly—notice Pep is not included in the photo for the main story, which has the headline: Top-four race analysed

The first few sentences of that story go on to say...

We are on the home straight in the race for the top four, which is the tightest it has been as five clubs battle for the three Champions League places behind runaway leaders Manchester City, but who has the advantage during the run-in?

With Manchester City seemingly marching towards the Premier League title and certain to be in Europe's premier club competition next season, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal have been left to fight it out for the remaining spots.

They’re resigned to us running away with it but still trying not to be too celebratory. Much of it is to placate their readers, many of whom despise us (due in no small part to SSN’s vitriol over recent years), but some of it is likely petulant refusal to acknowledge our dominance. They do a story here and there that sings our praises but, much like BBC, they don’t half undercut them elsewhere at the same time.

Brings a smile to my face.

I imagine he means the main story is the race for the top four with pictures of Jose, Poch, Wenger, Klopp and Conte.

Meaning they're resigned to us winning the league while they all battle it out for the scraps.
You just “get” me, pudge.

[cue Hugh Grant film music]

Exactly—notice Pep is not included in the photo for the main story, which has the headline: Top-four race analysed

The first few sentences of that story go on to say...

They’re resigned to us running away with it but still trying not to be too celebratory. Much of it is to placate their readers, many of whom despise us (due in no small part to SSN’s vitriol over recent years), but some of it is likely petulant refusal to acknowledge our dominance. They do a story here and there that sings our praises but, much like BBC, they don’t half undercut them elsewhere at the same time.

Brings a smile to my face.

You just “get” me, pudge.

[cue Hugh Grant film music]

Yeah mate, i got that and made me smile too.

The lack of us in any other headline is striking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.