Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody might have already said this but...

It took a defeat by Wigan to have a commentator finally say out loud that we were the best team the prem has ever seen.

Funny that.

A rag friend of mine, the same one who had 'no interest' in the tunnel bust up at Old Trafford, has just sent me a copy of a piece by Matthew Syed (The Times I think) headlined "Why Mourinho would not have got away with this". It pretty much fails to mention the Wigan manager let alone him confronting Sergio at half time and is based solely on the premise that Guardiola must have been the instigator and the aggressor and that poor old Jose would have had the wrath of the FA thrown at him had he done the same.

Syed frequently writes drivel sufficiently that other journalists call him out on it. Jonathan Liew in particular can't abide him.

A classic example of ‘tall poppy syndrome’
Whenever an individual (in this case ,Pep) or a team ( obvious who) rise above the swirling tide of mediocrity that
is the staple diet of these types of underachieving hacks, then it has to be chopped down and stamped on.
It’s the modern equivalent of the pitch-fork wielding, ignorant peasants with their lynch-mob mentality howling outside the door.
Never happened for another team whilst they were successful, Liverpool still coveted and we have all lived under the recent press blanket that it's received for the last 25 years.
No tall poppies being stamped with those teams from 1977 onwards.

The piece says he is feeling the pressure - which is what all these nasty little writers clearly want to try to make him do.

Well they have been starved of sneering articles to write for such a lonnnnnnngggg time. Just imagine the number of in-game sneering articles they wrote that ended up not seeing light of day - v Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Southampton, West Ham, Bristol City at home, the list is endless.

The football pages of the Guardian have become barren land this season. Jamie Jackson must be suicidal.

Last season's "end of season report form" by Guardian footie writers had these gems:

1. Most disappointing manager - Pep Guardiola; this despite their having forecast at the beginning of season that PEG and Rags would win the PL.
2. Most disappointing player - Bravo
3. Best Match - Monaco v City, and Everton vs City, no mention of City v Monaco or City v Barca.

I feel really sad for football writers this season.

Matthew Syed unlike other footie writers is an actual intellectual, he can't help writing in that style. Nobody has to "like" the way he writes, they only need get the point.

Shit at ping pong though so fuck him.

A rag friend of mine, the same one who had 'no interest' in the tunnel bust up at Old Trafford, has just sent me a copy of a piece by Matthew Syed (The Times I think) headlined "Why Mourinho would not have got away with this". It pretty much fails to mention the Wigan manager let alone him confronting Sergio at half time and is based solely on the premise that Guardiola must have been the instigator and the aggressor and that poor old Jose would have had the wrath of the FA thrown at him had he done the same.

Jeez, that's a one-eyed piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.