Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I rang The Times, and further to my call before Xmas, I cancelled my subscription to the online full digital service.

I told them again, I was fed up with the coverage they give City ... yes they right nice articles but there’s always an edge ... Winter is a sneering supercilious tw@t and his colleague Paul Hurst is an anagram of U R Shit Pal ... so I can read for the next 4 weeks then I am gone.

This morning I find the City report is fourth in the list of football - all of which are subordinate to a story about a rugby player who may or may not get picked.

Given the records we broke last night they could have done better.

Then I went to the online DM coverage ..... City were the 12th story even below a press conference by Moyes.

Oh well.

Come on City

IMG_2852.png

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.png

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/yaya-toure-man-city-goals-14637689

City have just broken nearly every premier league record ever and the big burning question on the BBC website a website I help fund is "So, is the Terriers retaining their top-flight status the Premier League season's greatest achievement? Let us know your thoughts via the usual channels."

Absolutely nothing about City. I am aware that the majority of fans at Media City are reds but that is just shocking I just wish I was not legally obliged to pay for such ignorance

Last edited:
Vity have just broken nearly every premier league record ever and the big burning question on the BBC website a website I help fund is "So, is the Terriers retaining their top-flight status the Premier League season's greatest achievement? Let us know your thoughts via the usual channels."

Absolutely nothing about City. I am aware that the majority of fans at Media City are reds but that is just shocking I just wish I was not legally obliged to pay for such ignorance

It would be exactly the same if United and Jose had achieved this. ;-)

On a serious note. We knew anyway, but we now know how the media(city) treat City. I won't use the AGENDA word, but it's clear there is more than an on-going bias against City, even during this record breaking season.

Let's at least console ourselves that these c***s can't rewrite PL history via the keyboards.(yet)

If we win on Sunday - and there is no Houdini act, it will be night on impossible to ignore our achievement.
They will, mind you because we don't sell papers. One of the clubs that do sell papers will be on the back pages of the papers - which will sell. Thereby, proving that we don't sell papers but the club's that do sell papers do sell papers... or something.
Anyone wanting the actual news, look away now.

Sunday/Monday is the test really. There was a lot of coverage when it was decided, but the end of the season is a reasonable time to go large, rather than just before it.

Other options:
Chelsea displace Liverpool
Swansea win and Southampton are hammered
Some ridiculous non-story is spewed out of Trafford
England preliminary squad of 35 named on Monday (35 should be just about everyone!)

They will do the breaking records story after the weekend. Otherwise it just gets diluted as we've broken so many ;) wait until the seasons ended then the records can be discussed. If we get to 100 points it'll also be a record for Pep.

Brilliant article about yaya on football365

http://www.football365.com/news/from-ok-holding-midfield-player-to-legend-now-bugger-off-yaya-toure

He arrived as a ‘Barcelona reject’ but he will leave as the first modern City legend; his greatest achievement was not to earn vast amounts of money but, in his words, to “put Manchester United in City’s shadow”. He became one of their own.

Here’s a taster

I disagree that Yaya was a Barcelona reject and also that he is our first modern legend. That surely is Zabba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.