Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tabloids run these stories because a lot of football fans like to read stories about us spending lavishly and 'inflating the market' so this is what sells. A lot of English football fans are choosing to go along with this convenient narrative that our transfers represent bad value when compared to other premier league teams and all the success we have will be due to us outspending our rivals. I accept we are in the highest bracket of premier league spenders but we are by no means more excessive than the rags.

But I don't think it's just footballing matters, these kind of papers run whatever will sell and do not care much about giving accurate information or informed opinions. I recommend you don't go on these sites and don't buy these kind of scuzzy papers. Lets people think what they want and just enjoy the ride.

I think tabloids run these stories because a lot of football fans like to read stories about us spending lavishly and 'inflating the market' so this is what sells. A lot of English football fans are choosing to go along with this convenient narrative that our transfers represent bad value when compared to other premier league teams and all the success we have will be due to us outspending our rivals. I accept we are in the highest bracket of premier league spenders but we are by no means more excessive than the rags.

But I don't think it's just footballing matters, these kind of papers run whatever will sell and do not care much about giving accurate information or informed opinions. I recommend you don't go on these sites and don't buy these kind of scuzzy papers. Lets people think what they want and just enjoy the ride.

Your last paragraph is bang on the money. There is a fascination in our society with celebrities, their lifestyles, dating, earnings etc.

Papers write trash in a lot of instances about trash and whether we like it or not these types of papers have the highest readership.

Walker is not the first nor will he be the last. Personally I have no issue with what we spend as its not individual to City even though in the bigger scheme of things transfer fees and wages in football sits uncomfortably with me.

Case in point being TalkSport. Some utter tool states something contentious and listeners waste their hard earned cash phoning in to 'put him right' and other people listen and quote their moronic on websites like here.

The reason they state nonsense is to get your reactions and audience and yet those people who listen the. moan about their idiocy of their opinions. Its one continuous loop only to be broken by people not supporting these trashy/sleazy papers/journalism/radio stations.

Last edited:
Very good post,but why give a fuck good point what about it painting city in a constant negative light and having us despised the world over as some sort of play thing that the owner just throws money at,why was it reported after silva signing £43 mill,shocking amount of money what about those made homeless in grenfell tower obscene money being spent on a player,it effects young new up and coming fans who may be brainwashed into believing everything about city is bad,same with walker quoted in mirror the true cost of walker £100mill it's lies to paint us as villains and other clubs as bastions of the beautiful game.i posted something on another thread about the old saying the more you tell a lie the more it becomes the truth ( or something similar to that I'm sure someone will correct me)..
You can't control it, and you will drive yourself mad trying, so why worry?

The only serious concern City fans should have is if Mansour sees a shrinking future value to his growing investment in CFG, and seeks other investors or a buyout. As one of the richest people/investment groups in the world, the universe of entities that could fulfill that role is very, very limited. However, his love of football may be th saving grace...until it just becomes too costly. At this point, he is "quids in," so no worries, but if we fail to get into the later stages of the CL, or heavens to goodness only into the EL, or the indignity of no Euro football, then the bloom may start to come off the rose. I doubt it, but that is, for me, the only possible serious concern about the future of City. There is a reason Pep is here...it is to make sure that never happens and the Academy production line produces both money from transfers of "not quite City quality" and the next generation of homegrown squad talent.

I prefer "A lie gets around the world while the truth is still putting on its pants!"

You can't control it, and you will drive yourself mad trying, so why worry?

The only serious concern City fans should have is if Mansour sees a shrinking future value to his growing investment in CFG, and seeks other investors or a buyout. As one of the richest people/investment groups in the world, the universe of entities that could fulfill that role is very, very limited. However, his love of football may be th saving grace...until it just becomes too costly. At this point, he is "quids in," so no worries, but if we fail to get into the later stages of the CL, or heavens to goodness only into the EL, or the indignity of no Euro football, then the bloom may start to come off the rose. I doubt it, but that is, for me, the only possible serious concern about the future of City. There is a reason Pep is here...it is to make sure that never happens and the Academy production line produces both money from transfers of "not quite City quality" and the next generation of homegrown squad talent.

I prefer "A lie gets around the world while the truth is still putting on its pants!"
Good points Chicago,hehehe still putting on its pants good comparison...

If your at the top you get more media attention , the more attention then more negative shite is written about you.
They do it to everyone.
Rooney as a rising star, the media was obsessed with telling us how great he was , come a couple of world cups they turned on him big time, now he's out the limelight they are easier on him.
Just the way I see it as a neutral, us Hammers fans are always moaning about how MOTD have a agenda against us, always being shown last, mark Lawrenson is against us bla bla bla, looks at them about our stadium move! Obsessed with reporting how bad it all is when that could not be further from the truth.
All clubs think they get it, best to let it go over your head and get on with it, which is exactly what Pep and your boys will do, don't rise to it and don't think your the only ones!

I love the fact that in every editor's office,every t.v. and radio planning office in fact any office of media outlet someone uttering the same words.

"How the fuck can we stop these ****s"
It consumes their every waking moment, they can't print the truth,They simply can't afford to,They know they are peddling shite but they have no choice. Any integrity they have as a person goes straight out of the door the moment they step in to that office.when they go home they kiss the wife and tuck in the children before settling down for the evening knowing they have just spent the day sucking rag cock.no shame.
We have and are hurting them very badly. I for one fucking love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.