Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just what "it" is called; what "it " means in the first place is something else that people cannot agree on.

Usually the people arguing that there is no agenda mean that there is no SPECTRE-like global conspiracy headed up by a shady Mr Big, with reach that extends to referees, the media, UEFA, FIFA and beyond whose sole ambition is to thwart the plans of Manchester City.

Usually the people who argue that there is an agenda mean that a number of individuals and bodies in different spheres have ulterior motives and vested interests in producing output that is either contrary to the the interests of Manchester City, or which promotes Manchester United at the expense of its closest and fiercest rivals (principally, Manchester City) or both.

Both schools of thought seem to me to be entirely valid.
Spot-on.

Regardless of the reasons behind what was a fairly crude attempt by certain sections of the media to highlight the penalty incident, the result, despite their being no action taken, is still going to have a negative impact on both club and player. Jesus has now become the '2017/18 Sterling' and has been labelled by the media as a player who goes down too easily in order to win penalties. We've seen how that has affected decisions involving Raheem and I can't see it being any different now with Jesus.

It's not just what "it" is called; what "it " means in the first place is something else that people cannot agree on.

Usually the people arguing that there is no agenda mean that there is no SPECTRE-like global conspiracy headed up by a shady Mr Big, with reach that extends to referees, the media, UEFA, FIFA and beyond whose sole ambition is to thwart the plans of Manchester City.

Usually the people who argue that there is an agenda mean that a number of individuals and bodies in different spheres have ulterior motives and vested interests in producing output that is either contrary to the the interests of Manchester City, or which promotes Manchester United at the expense of its closest and fiercest rivals (principally, Manchester City) or both.

Both schools of thought seem to me to be entirely valid.
Those 2 schools of though are not even mutually exclusive I think, which reinforces my point that all this internal discussion going on here on the forum really is quite pointless.

When the New law was introduced this season, i:e retrospective bans.
Bookmakers introduced a book on which team would be first to receive a ban. I had a little wager on the favourites at 10 to 1. Yes mcfc were favourites, why would that be?

Those 2 schools of though are not even mutually exclusive I think, which reinforces my point that all this internal discussion going on here on the forum really is quite pointless.

When there is disagreement like now we are discussing why there is an agenda or bias etc..
Very few would deny there is a skewed media point of view so surely reasonable to argue the why of it ?

When the New law was introduced this season, i:e retrospective bans.
Bookmakers introduced a book on which team would be first to receive a ban. I had a little wager on the favourites at 10 to 1. Yes mcfc were favourites, why would that be?
Otamendi probably.

TW*TS............Just logged into BBC Sport - Manchester City page - only to be greeted with a pic. of 3 Fat Red pr*cks.......
Hope I am allowed to call them Fat......

Perhaps one of the few who say there is no agenda can,
a) Explain why every media outlet you read has a headline 'Silva Escapes Punishment.'
b) Find one article that addresses the decision of the panel in any other way.
If a Prem. League panel look at every penalty to ensure no one dived and indeed after looking, conclude that no one did dive, how do you 'Escape Punishment'. If I do not steal £5 from church funds it cannot be described that I have escaped punishment.
This constant negative slant on what City do gets into the minds of neutrals and fans alike. How many football fans will have read a newspaper or watched TV and decided that he did dive but got away with it because it would not have been reported otherwise.

Perhaps one of the few who say there is no agenda can,
a) Explain why every media outlet you read has a headline 'Silva Escapes Punishment.'
b) Find one article that addresses the decision of the panel in any other way.
If a Prem. League panel look at every penalty to ensure no one dived and indeed after looking, conclude that no one did dive, how do you 'Escape Punishment'. If I do not steal £5 from church funds it cannot be described that I have escaped punishment.
This constant negative slant on what City do gets into the minds of neutrals and fans alike. How many football fans will have read a newspaper or watched TV and decided that he did dive but got away with it because it would not have been reported otherwise.
This ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.