Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read that, it brings up a point that I hadn't thought of before but very true and that is that you just have to watch him live to appreciate what he does and how easy he makes everything look.

Completely agree, and I take it that when you say 'watch him live' you mean in the flesh, not on TV.

I sometimes just watch Merlin for 5 minutes rather than follow the progress of the ball, especially where we are playing someone who has parked the bus at the Etihad and we are shifting the ball from one side of the pitch to the other. He sometimes acts as though he has gone to sleep, but then thirty seconds later he pops up in 10 yards of space and plays a killer pass.

Love doing this as well.Most games I pick a player and concentrate on them for a while watching their movement and awareness, mainly Merlin but we're spoilt for choice.

Completely agree, and I take it that when you say 'watch him live' you mean in the flesh, not on TV.

I sometimes just watch Merlin for 5 minutes rather than follow the progress of the ball, especially where we are playing someone who has parked the bus at the Etihad and we are shifting the ball from one side of the pitch to the other. He sometimes acts as though he has gone to sleep, but then thirty seconds later he pops up in 10 yards of space and plays a killer pass.
Yes, in the flesh. That way you can follow him around when the ball is elsewhere and see his movement or as somebody else has stated his lack of it until the time is right. Messi does this 'none movement' brilliantly as well.

Yes, in the flesh. That way you can follow him around when the ball is elsewhere and see his movement or as somebody else has stated his lack of it until the time is right. Messi does this 'none movement' brilliantly as well.

The top players know that sometimes standing still can create 20 yards of space as everyone else is running around. It’s doing it at the correct time that’s the art.

A strange article in the muen tonight by Simon Barkowski, presumably another “shit the bed” writing about City, and basically saying we are fucked if real or Barcelona come after any of our players. Personally I think he has got us confused with his beloved shit the beds

It’s the same old bollocks spouted every year and yet all our top players are still here,as for the rags Barca or Madrid wouldn’t take any of them and I mean any of them bar de gay that’s it..
@BringBackSwales It’s especially odd given there is a much stronger argument to be made that it is actually exactly the opposite: it’s never been easier for City to poach Real or Barca players, especially given the former’s current struggles and the later’s precarious financing/marketing position, even with them doing well in the league right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.