Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
A three game ban in 100% correct and what it should be. The difference being, had that been intentional he'd be looking at a huge ban, far longer than the standard 3 games, as it would have been one of the dirtiest fouls in history
Correct.

BBC can`t get their facts right.............sloppy journalism

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41214177

"Brazilian Ederson later posted a photo on social media of himself making a thumbs up gesture, with a dressing covering a cut on the right side of his face."

The image is a reverse image, he actually had a dressing covering the left hand side of his face. The fact that his club badge is back to front might have been a clue.

_97732902_img_5224.png

What we've learnt from the media this week:

1) A middle fingered gesture is just witty banter.

2) It's ok to kick someone in the head.

I wonder how many kids will get excluded from school when they start emulating the actions of their role models and how far they will get by quoting the media pundits in their mitigating circumstances statements.

It's fast getting to the point where I can't bring myself to read articles about us in the papers or watch us on TV.

It's becoming so blatant that I don't even think the media try to hide their detestation for us. It's become open season to vilify our club at every opportunity, with the media looking for anything and everything to try and show us in a negative light.

For starters they have taken a dislike to Pep, they call him arrogant because he refuses to change his philosophy on how the game should be played. Do the media show such venom towards those who coach and instill anti football, such as BFS, Pulis and Special Needs, do they go for the jugular of other players who behave badly off the field, as they have with Raheem, who incidentally hasnt really done anything wrong, do they have an obsession and fixation to see any of the other so called top six fail like they do with us. The simple answer is no.

It seems like there is some form of Masonic organisation in football that media and pundits all seem to be paid up members off. They daren't speak ill of the vermin, red dippers, the North London alleged big two and Chelsea to an extent. Even managers of the smaller, lesser Premier League teams seem to be involved and suck up to this idealisation, again Pulis and BFS had their tongues that far up bacon faces arse they could taste his breakfast. GPC was happy to play the role of father figure to managers of clubs who were no threat to him, but showed utter contempt to those teams and managers who had the ordasity to rival the scum.

You might ask where I'm going with this but I think it's a type of conditioning, which whiskey nose implemented with his sheer arrogance and like the pied piper carrying a full bag from Threshers he had all the media and pundit rats happily following behind him fearful of going against what he says

Not in my lifetime was his famous quote, which really did come back to bite him on his arse. A change in power took place that glorious day and that was the start of the witch hunt against a club that in all honesty, has loyal, fair and honest fans, good stable ownership, some of the finest players in the world, good community links and basically an overall set up that is second to none.

So why the hatred, simply because they think they have too in order to keep their positions in the media. The sooner we achieve a period of continual success the sooner this will change, as the Scouse and Rag pundits will be replaced by our first generation of retired players, who I hope will we address the balance

Last edited:
Not having this accident business. Mane jumped up & then kicked his leg above head high. Edders is 6 ft 3 & Mane 5ft 9 ish.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sod a three match ban or even reduced, give him 10 & a written warning.

Never ever dippers fault, media now saying our man ducked into it !! Like suarez accidental cannibalism.

One rule change that I would like to see is if a player has to substituted due to an injury arising out of a red card offence (as happened with Ederson yesterday) then it shouldn't be counted as one of his team's three substitutions.
It's a squad game more than ever now but (again to use yesterday's example) City's tactical options off the bench were limited through Liverpool's foul play.
I know it didn't make any difference yesterday (unless your name is Ben Foden and you were hoping for a late debut) but it might in another, closer game.
Agree but only if need to sub goalie, otherwise feigning of injury will take place

Not having this accident business. Mane jumped up & then kicked his leg above head high. Edders is 6 ft 3 & Mane 5ft 9 ish.

Never ever dippers fault, media now saying our man ducked into it !! Like suarez accidental cannibalism.
What he was doing was trying to flick the ball over ederson, aiming to either score or get clattered for an Ederson red. It'd be impressive intent for him to kick Ederson in the face whilst looking at the ball the entire time.

The media will always be the media. Nothing will change because a large percentage of human beings are, and will always be brain dead and believe the stuff they read. And the media know that full well.

It's fast getting to the point where I can't bring myself to read articles about us in the papers or watch us on TV.

It's becoming so blatant that I don't even think the media try to hide their detestation for us. It's become open season to vilify our club at every opportunity, with the media looking for anything and everything to try and show us in a negative light.

For starters they have taken a dislike to Pep, they call him arrogant because he refuses to change his philosophy on how the game should be played. Do the media show such venom towards those who coach and instill anti football, such as BFS, Pulis and Special Needs, do they go for the jugular of other players who behave badly off the field, as they have with Raheem, who incidentally hasnt really done anything wrong, do they have an obsession and fixation to see any of the other so called top six fail like they do with us. The simple answer is no.

It seems like there is some form of Masonic organisation in football that media and pundits all seem to be paid up members off. They daren't speak I'll of the vermin, red dippers, the North London alleged big two and Chelsea to an extent. Even managers of the smaller, lesser Premier League teams seem to be involved and suck up to this idealisation, again Pulis and BFS had their tongues that far up bacon faces arse they could taste his breakfast. GPC was happy to play the role of father figure to managers of clubs who were no threat to him, but showed utter contempt to those teams and managers who had the ordasity to rival the scum.

You might ask where I'm going with this but I think it's a type of conditioning, which whiskey nose implemented with his sheer arrogance and like the pied piper carrying a full bag from Threshers he had all the media and pundit rats happily following behind him fearful of going against what he says

Not in my lifetime was his famous quote, which really did come back to bite him on his arse. A change in power took place that glorious day and that was the start of the witch hunt against a club that in all honesty, has loyal, fair and honest fans, good stable ownership, some of the finest players in the world, good community links and basically an overall set up that is second to none.

So why the hatred, simply because they think they have too in order to keep their positions in the media. The sooner we achieve a period of continual success the sooner this will change, as the Scouse and Rag pundits will be replaced by our first generation of retired players, who I hope will we address the balance
Good Post
For what it is worth I watched with no volume and will continue in that vain, was lovely

For me, all this media tosh was created by Nevill and his comment about feeling sorry with what he described as harsh on Mane. Totally giving no thought to Ederson or how he was when his head, could have ended up in row Z of the South stand. The media then jump on Nevill's band wagon to detract from the hammering the Dippers were subjected to end off, and it worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.