Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Naga woman seems to have toned down, think she'shad a bollocking for having a snide pop at Carol a few days ago. Not the first time she's had a pop at her.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...Munchetty-apology-BBC-Breakfast-meeting-video
I normally enjoy having Saturday morning kitchen on whilst I update my weeks work, just back ground noise most of the time. Last Saturday Munch a titty and a prick she works with (apparently) Charlie someone completely ruined the show. Pair of egotistical maniacs who talked over everyone, trying to be informed, funny and clever. They failed on all three counts, it was an embarrassment, pair of wankers.

The clowns are complaining at the moment that they have fallen down the league because they have not had fans in the ground.
Although they don't quite say it, one of the benefits they get is the crowd causing intimidation by its noise for Liverpool and the hostility to the visitors.
As the City team had just suffered several minutes of being hit by hundreds of missiles as the police on foot and riding horses and motorcycles and having lots of CCTV and other coverage and were STILL unable/unwilling to deal with offenders, the players must have had misgivings and those psychological effects you mention that their safety inside the ground was far from certain. I dont know about the whole of the ground but it is very easy for fans in the away end to get on the pitch.
I don't think the psychological effects would have made too much difference to the players, I think the biggest psychological influence will be over the referees, they're intimidated into giving decisions the way of the home team.
The biggest issue we had after the coach attack would have been due to the comedown from the adrenalin rush in the lead up to the match, the coach attack and the sight of loads of feral scousers wouldn't have been scary to the people in the coach but it will have triggered an involuntary fight or flight response. Some of the after effects of this adrenaline rush are tiredness, lack of coordination, tremors and difficulty in concentrating amd they usually hit around an hour after the adrenaline response started (approximately just in time for the game to kick off). This is why sports people try to relax and focus before the event and get fired up just before they begin competing and also why these shit house tactics helped Liverpool so much in that game (aided and abetted by a 'generous' German referee).

The real debate should be how much utd have wasted and won virtually nothing pretty sure utd fans will phone in and agree

Ha ha No chance .

The angle some of the media take with us is that were the evil empire.

The hope is some team,(united) will step up to beat us.

Last year it was the plucky redbell alliance from Merseyside that blew up our deathstar.

Not this season,i'm afraid to say ;) ,the new deathstar is fully operational.

Jim Sh*te on Talk Sh*te banging on about Pep's comments and City spending money. No mention of United, Chelsea, or the net spend Champions.

I don't think the psychological effects would have made too much difference to the players, I think the biggest psychological influence will be over the referees, they're intimidated into giving decisions the way of the home team.
The biggest issue we had after the coach attack would have been due to the comedown from the adrenalin rush in the lead up to the match, the coach attack and the sight of loads of feral scousers wouldn't have been scary to the people in the coach but it will have triggered an involuntary fight or flight response. Some of the after effects of this adrenaline rush are tiredness, lack of coordination, tremors and difficulty in concentrating amd they usually hit around an hour after the adrenaline response started (approximately just in time for the game to kick off). This is why sports people try to relax and focus before the event and get fired up just before they begin competing and also why these shit house tactics helped Liverpool so much in that game (aided and abetted by a 'generous' German referee).
Fans' coaches even a few years back got bricked a lot on both sides of Stanley Park and their windows weren't reinforced like the team bus. It was pretty horrible at Stoke when we got relegated because we were in the gaps between buses and couldn't see them coming but we all act differently.
I think we should have driven straight past Anfield and played the mard arse to our advantage by demanding the match be played behind closed doors or on a neutral ground.
On the face of it the attack worked.

The atmosphere at Anfield when they’re not up for a game is the worst I’ve experienced anywhere in the country. The great Anfield roar is the biggest myth in football.
So true. The atmosphere at Goodison has always been better than Anfield. Anfield (like most places) was great in the 70s but has been shit for the last 25 years. The YNWA song before games is a contrived event for the plastic tourists. It's embarrassing to watch actually. It is pathetic compared to European grounds I have been to especially Poznan, Seville, Schalke, Hamburg, and Aris Salonika. The TV hype surrounding LFC fans is bollocks. The atmosphere at Bayern Munich and the Camp Nou is also pretty pathetic with thousands of tourists. There are so many myths in football. The Palace fans make more noise than the scousers and so do Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.