Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems we never learn, always shooting outselves in the foot one way or another. Lazy journos are always waiting like vultures for a headline like this. It just leads to more resentment than praise.
I don't see it that way Citymad.

I understand where you're coming from however, the comments from Pep in his press conference have put a spanner in the works as far as the media are concerned.

The media are obsessed with the club's wealth and there's hardly a pre-match or post-match report written about us that doesn't entail the word "money".

What Pep has so skillfully done is put it out there: "yes we've got loads of money and we buy talent". I bet there's a few CEOs from other clubs thinking to themselves "shit; hang on a minute, isn't that what I'm here to do?"

As for the media Pep has set the perfect trap for them. Sure it's a provocative headline but run with it and you'll be shown up for the lazy hacks that we all know you to be.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence will know that Manchester City's success has got less to do with money and everything to with planning, vision, infrastructure and execution.

If you've got any doubts about that the next time you're in London ask any rag fan how they feel about the Glazer's?

I waited for the Sport on Breakfast and got Smug Mike trying to stick to his prepared report staring with Arsenal whilst the dreadful NMfuckingChetty kept interrupting with he view on cricket.
So up I got telly off, fuck the rest of the news and l took longer on the 3 morning she's in the bathroom. Turned on tv and that dreadful woman was asking some singer whether she was drinking tea or coffee. Over to ITV. Frank Bruno was on but l couldn't understand a word he was saying. Try the radio. Talkshite had some singer with a Southern accent talking about some computer game but when they started on the wonderful 'Bruno' l have settled for silence and will feed the birds even that little bugger with the red top.
Fuck me Mike, what a shitty start to your day ... Go back to bed mate and wait for Saturday..

Chelsea are ahead on that one mate. Same trophies won more or less and less spent. We hopefully will catch them soon though.
So from 2010/11 until the end of last season? We have more trophies than them but they have 3 European trophies in that time, which is not to be sniffed at.

Chelsea:
1x Champions League
2x Europa League
2x Premier League
2x FA Cup
1x League Cup

So 8 trophies.

City:
4x Premier League
2x FA Cup
5x League Cup
3x Community Shield (if we are counting it)

They’ve done very well in Europe to be fair, even if two of them were the Europa League.

Its fucking ridicules knocknout cups arent easy to win. Look at how many times City have been screwed by VAR and the refs in champions league. Winning knock out cups particularly in Europe needs luck something City never had. To win the fa cup one bad VAR decision and you could be out.

Liverpool had some much luck and help to win the champs league and premier league
On the Bt commentary the other night the commentator said something along the lines of us getting some dodgy decisions that fucked us over. They all know it has happened but will not come out with it 100%. It pisses me off when we have a blue in the studio ie Jolean who doesn't say it as it is.

Fuck me Mike, what a shitty start to your day ... Go back to bed mate and wait for Saturday..
Ha. It started off so well. I woke later and the so sun was out so no need to stay in bed so long waiting for the house to warm. And then it turned to crap.
Better now that I spotted a blackbird possibly collecting his nesting material so things have improved and of course made contact with proper fans in here;)

So now we have to win the quadruple to be considered a success. Anything else would be a disappointment apparently. No other team gets this shit. If we win a treble we have underachieved. What a prick Simon Jordan is.

It pains me to defend Jordan but virtually everything he said here is fair comment and he defended City's spending strongly by saying all big clubs do it. He said he would be disappointed as a City fan if City didn't "set up to win the quadruple" but Jim White (as he does) twisted his comment. Jordan didn't use the phrase underachieved. I don't know any City fan who has said we will win the quadruple but I am delighted that we are "giving it a go." I would be upset if we didn't win the title and the League Cup from this position, the Everton cup tie is a big test, and the CL remains a lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.