Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get a bit fed up with constantly reading, hearing and seeing how poorly we are treated in the media Colin..

We get next to no credit for what Pep and the team have and are currently achieving..

It's all about the money and the £50M fullbacks..

Venting now and again helps keep my blood pressure down..

It's also good to know a few other blues feel the same and I'm not losing my marbles..!

The media are mainly cheap whores Bill who survive by sucking up to the braindead lemmings aka rags and dippers supporters.

We do occasionally get some good comments and appreciation for the quality of our football but obviously not like the gushing praise heaped upon the teams in red.

I've come to expect fuck all from them and that way am not disappointed.

What we have already achieved and will continue to achieve , will be driving the fuckers mad , and I take pleasure from knowing that.

I loved City when we were shit and I love them now so for me it's a win/win.

So from 2010/11 until the end of last season? We have more trophies than them but they have 3 European trophies in that time, which is not to be sniffed at.

Chelsea:
1x Champions League
2x Europa League
2x Premier League
2x FA Cup
1x League Cup

So 8 trophies.

City:
4x Premier League
2x FA Cup
5x League Cup
3x Community Shield (if we are counting it)

They’ve done very well in Europe to be fair, even if two of them were the Europa League.
We have struggled to win the Europa League in the last ten years.

In that comment, have Chelsea's player purchase figures been adjusted for inflation?

I ask 'cos, according to givemesport.com, Chelsea have 3 of the top 5 most expensive players ever bought, with values adjusted to current levels.

Extracted from the website, the top 5, starting with the most expensive:

1. Rio Ferdinand. Original value paid by MUFC in 2002 = £41.4m
Today's value would be = £158.66m

2. Fernando Torres. Original value paid by CFC in 2011 = £52.65m
Today's value would be = £144.98m

3. Alan Shearer. Original value paid by NUFC in'1996 = £18.9m
Todays value would be = £138.03m

4. Andriy Shevchenko. Original value paid by CFC in 2006 = £39.49m
Today's value would be = £136.56m

5. Michael Essien. Original value paid by CFC in 2005 = £34.2m
Today's value would be = £132.61m

If those figures were used, would their value per trophy be worse?

Oh BTW, City don't appear till No. 12 in the list with Kevin de Bruyne. Liverpool are at 13 with Stan Collymore.
Stan who?

Preston won the League and FA Cup double in 1888-89 and they were the only trophies going at the time - so logically a complete success to be fair (and they probably did it on a diet of fags and booze unlike todays namby-pambies)

There you are then - unless we win the quad, we aren’t even as good as Preston

;)

Couldn't agree more Bill.

It does beg the question as to why the media are so reluctant to discuss the money the rags have spent on players.

Big money too as you say £80,000,000.00 and £90,000,000.00 on players like Maguire and Pogba who (and of course this is just my opinion) wouldn't look out of place in a championship team.

Your opinions are always valid on here Tb and
this is another one I just can't disagree with..!

Well said Bill.

Transfers is only one part of the business and a stick to downplay our achievements. What about other costs involved in running a club. Why don't the press moan about say one club spending £10mill and another £30mill on admin costs, ground maintenance, security, shareholder dividends etc.

A bit like stupid things the media seem obsessed with, i.e. scored the most goals, had the top scorer, most clean sheets, player with the most assists etc.

It's all fucking irrelevant if your team finishes mid table.

Basically, look at the business as a whole culminating in the trophies won rather than singling out the cost of individual players.
The CFG model means we can hugely reduce costs on all centralised services (like admin, comms, legal etc) by spreading them across multiple centres. We can purchase things in great bulk, driving costs down even more.
We have also leveraged a lot of extra revenues by investing in related infrastructure projects which are exempt from FFP. Every house built near the stadium increases our potential fanbase, the new arena (Co-op live) will provide an opportunity to sell joint music/boxing/football corporate packages. The media are well behind the curve on what is happening and so are our commercial rivals. City are leading the way for the future of football.

This is what pisses me off about the underhand reporting about our club, you can't even play a football manager game without the distorted lies slipping out.

Now I know it is only a game but is there really a need for it and when has Real Madrid ever had a modest budget ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.