Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
utd and lfc spent their money on Pogbas or vvd, we bought 4 or 5 players for that money. And then Pep made them gel into a team.

I am not even that mithered about the hate now. Its becoming clear that all fans are bored of the same old shite being reported , and it's clear that our haters know how good we actually are.

lfc winning last year has helped us a lot! Who would have thought!

Agreed. The only potential stumbling block for us will be when we have to replace Pep in 2022. Another decade of success would undermine the softer overseas element of the Rags' fanbase. City are ahead of the curve with our business model for football. Our rivals have been very complacent. The more they repeat the false narrative that we are just being "bankrolled by a state" the worse it will get for them.
It's 2023 and such is his enthusiasm he may extend if it's going well

That's a cracking post, and I love the Last Dance reference. It is absolutely what we are doing.

The money references will always be there, as that's how we've got to the position to do what we are doing, and have done the last decade. It's lazy at best, but I can accept it for what it is.

The educated fan will of course see what you have brilliantly referred to in your post, but jealousy/tribalism may or may not allow them to communicate their views publicly and so what we get is oil money this, we bought the league that. So they do grasp it I would imagine, but choose the lazy option to get a dig in.

By the way, that is one of the single most brilliant pieces of telly i've watched in a long, long time.

It is a great doc and shows how good the media can be when they do some actual journalism and what great stories there are to be told across sport.

They all know what is in the wind, hence the rhetoric in last couple days.

Tebas demanding a salary cap, Solskjaer admitting they don't have the cash to splurge like other clubs this summer.

Pundits bemoaning the lack of quality in the league and City making a mockery of it.

It's all pre-emptive to rachet the narrative that if we sign Messi and Haaland this summer, not only is it morally unacceptable during a pandemic, it will take us to a different planet.

It's done to smear what they have long dismissed as a possibility.

Manchester City FC being the dominant team in England and Europe for the rest of this decade.

It's fucking delicious. Taste the salty tears, collect them up with all the trophies we amass.

They thought this was as bad as it could get with City.

They tried to bury us but Pep and Khaldoon ensured the seeds were always going to bloom.

A new footballing Spring.

HRH's version of the Manchester Arab Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.