Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes article states Saudi Arabian. Still as far as the Star is concerned they are all the same bearded type chaps with hawks on their forearm. Why bother researching properly or employing an educated proof and fact reader / checker? Just splurge it out and put it online. They are a disgrace and the sooner they go bust the better.
Which would be sooner if people stopped clicking on the damn things ;)

I never understood why anyone bought papers like the Daily Star back when we only had actual paper 'Papers' (possibly before your time :( ). It was trash then and technology hasn't improved it (apparently as I refuse to read it).

I never understood why anyone bought papers like the Daily Star back when we only had actual paper 'Papers' (possibly before your time :( ). It was trash then and technology hasn't improved it (apparently as I refuse to read it).
Exactly..

I posted earlier in the week in another thread re. our 'unhappy squad' that I played in my school days with a pal who hardly ever swore or used bad language, apart from delighting in delivering this withering assessment of people's capabilities, on the odd occasion:

'He knows 9/10ths of 7/8ths of 4/5ths of 2/3rds of fuck all..'

So it is with the football media, especially in this country.

Just don't buy into it, sod 'em all.. they're just vacuous wastes of space, with the odd exception being Martin Samuel and a couple of his ilk..

Centurions. Fair challenge and I will try harder to ignore. Thanks for the politeness on my age, I’m old enough to have witnessed the Ten Commandments being carved.

I was watching the One Show yesterday, and they featured a junior football team, all girls from Bolton. They were too good in their girls league, so moved to a mixed league of predominantly boys teams. They have held their own, and now reached the final of the cup competition.

The article was to congratulate them on this achievement, wish them luck, and surprise them with a few messages from a few celebrities. So as well as Alex Jones, Ronan Keating and Michael Ball (I think it was these three) passing on their best wishes, they also had Jill Scott, Caroline Weir and another City girl with recorded messages.

The girls team were made up with the messages, and it was great to see that they didn't choose United Women for this.

Good luck for the final girls.

I was watching the One Show yesterday, and they featured a junior football team, all girls from Bolton. They were too good in their girls league, so moved to a mixed league of predominantly boys teams. They have held their own, and now reached the final of the cup competition.

The article was to congratulate them on this achievement, wish them luck, and surprise them with a few messages from a few celebrities. So as well as Alex Jones, Ronan Keating and Michael Ball (I think it was these three) passing on their best wishes, they also had Jill Scott, Caroline Weir and another City girl with recorded messages.

The girls team were made up with the messages, and it was great to see that they didn't choose United Women for this.

It was Ellen White

The article was to congratulate them on this achievement, wish them luck, and surprise them with a few messages from a few celebrities. So as well as Alex Jones, Ronan Keating and MICHAEL BALL(I think it was these three) passing on their best wishes, they also had Jill Scott, Caroline Weir and another City girl with recorded messages.

The averagely talented footballer ot the averagely talented singer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.