Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toughened you up back then watching us..
Always good for the soul, and we could accommodate any reverse. In fact, I suspect that a majority of City fans would have expected to lose against Halifax - it's what we did. Feet were always planted firmly on solid ground supporting City. Never any talk of winning anything, let alone doubles. Just think from Halifax to The Fourmidables - some fuckin' journey!

Always good for the soul, and we could accommodate any reverse. In fact, I suspect that a majority of City fans would have expected to lose against Halifax - it's what we did. Feet were always planted firmly on solid ground supporting City. Never any talk of winning anything, let alone doubles. Just think from Halifax to The Fourmidables - some fuckin' journey!

City got to the FA Cup final the following year - and should have won both the first game and the replay!

Remember Steve signing for us making him then, the most expensive footballer..

Wolves then spent most of the money on Andy Gray who seemed to hit the ground running whilst Steve struggled to make an impression which didn't really help him or us watching him to be honest ..

I was at Halifax in the pissing rain, watching us get beat in the cup..

On paper we had a decent team, on grass we just couldn't seem to gell..

Toughened you up back then watching us..

Looking back, the highs, sadly of which I recall weren't too many, were absolutely brilliant, however the lows were of mariana trench proportions and seemed to come around one after another..

Get a big win against one of the teams of the day such as Forest, rags, dippers, Tarquins or Ipswich and the feeling would last you all week..

Lose against crap teams such as Halifax in the cup and what seemed like the majority of the other teams in the division and there was always next week to look forward to..!

Looking back, what a brilliant time it was to support City..

I miss Maine Road, standing on the Kippax, volcanic bovil in a cheap, plastic cup in one hand and a nuclear, super heated meat and potato pie in the other.. both guaranteed to remove all the skin from the inside of your mouth..!
Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end.....

Have a lot of sympathy for Daley, there were times he played really well for us, and yet recieved scores of 5 and 6 out of 10 regularly in the press when he'd played far better.
Daley was nowhere near as bad as he was painted in the press. It was just the huge fee which became the stick to beat him with. The media crucified him. To be honest I don't recall him getting huge stick from the fans. The problem was more to do with Alison's crazy team selections and tactics. I did virtually every match home and away that season. The fans were split. The whole club was imploding at the time and Daley was collateral damage.

These days, some fans have Both Feet Planted Firmly In The Air

My feet weren't planted firmly on solid ground at Halifax.. More like embedded in mud.. Was slippery as fuck there.. Almost as bad as the pitch..

Saw him after a dinner at Buile Hill in Salford. Absolutely brilliant and able to laugh at himself.
The comedian who was booked to follow him was on a loser straightaway.
If only Steve had been as brilliant at football......

We had him at our branch 50th anniversary Dinner and he was really funny, as you say he just took the piss out of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.