Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching a load of 70’s City games on YouTube since Bell passed away, the level of professionalism, unbiased and positive commentary, about both sides, compared to now, is astonishing.

This is basically fanzone TV and it’s a joke.
It is,but the only fans that get an invite are ex rags, dippers and tarquins

Been watching a load of 70’s City games on YouTube since Bell passed away, the level of professionalism, unbiased and positive commentary, about both sides, compared to now, is astonishing.
This is the best aspect of watching old footage.The professionalism of the commemtary.In those days too the journalism was on a different level with unbiased insightful reports ,helping to bring the match to life to football fans ,who if they weren't at the match,would almost certainly not get to see it on tv,live or recorded highlights.

From a City point of view,i see so many examples of high level skill from our players which are barely mentioned in match reports,almost as though the reporter has never played the game of football, or doesnt fully understand it..at least not to the degree that they are able to explain what a push kick /side foot pass is,a half volley or a full volley,th e special skills involved in passing the ball with the outside of your foot ..with unerring accuracy and power as exhibited by Kdb ..i for one have never seen anything like that cross ,...not something ive ever attempted in a match ,lol..
Ive kept loads of match reports from the old days and there is no comparison with the amatuerish drivel produced today by sycophantic biased unprofessional laptop operators,masquerading as reporters...they ought to be ashamed of themselves .

Must have missed the fuss made over City's job advertisement for a Support Assistant. Martin Samuel speaking sense yet again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...layer-support-officer-isnt-mollycoddling.html

This rag in the comments losing his shit made me laugh:

He can't help himself, every chance he gets he's got to say how great City are
One Guardian journalist, who doesn't toe the anti-City line and he can't handle it. How would that guy cope if the shoe was on the other foot, even just for just a day? Every other journo, not just talking sense and being impartial as Martin Samuel is, but blatantly kissing City's arse and pulling negative United stories out of their own arses to boot.

Last edited:
Must have missed the fuss made over City's job advertisement for a Support Assistant. Martin Samuel speaking sense yet again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...layer-support-officer-isnt-mollycoddling.html

This rag in the comments losing his shit made me laugh:

One Guardian journalist, who doesn't toe the anti-City line and he can't handle it. How would that guy cope if the shoe was on the other foot, even just for just a day? Every other journo, not just talking sense and being impartial as Martin Samuel is, but blatantly kissing City's arse and pulling negative United stories out of their own arses to boot.
I really like Samuel but I don’t like how he’s named and shamed Leicester’s player liaison officer there.

This is the best aspect of watching old footage.The professionalism of the commemtary.In those days too the journalism was on a different level with unbiased insightful reports ,helping to bring the match to life to football fans ,who if they weren't at the match,would almost certainly not get to see it on tv,live or recorded highlights.

From a City point of view,i see so many examples of high level skill from our players which are barely mentioned in match reports,almost as though the reporter has never played the game of football, or doesnt fully understand it..at least not to the degree that they are able to explain what a push kick /side foot pass is,a half volley or a full volley,th e special skills involved in passing the ball with the outside of your foot ..with unerring accuracy and power as exhibited by Kdb ..i for one have never seen anything like that cross ,...not something ive ever attempted in a match ,lol..
Ive kept loads of match reports from the old days and there is no comparison with the amatuerish drivel produced today by sycophantic biased unprofessional laptop operators,masquerading as reporters...they ought to be ashamed of themselves .
As an example, last game John Stones made a beautiful 40 yard cross field sweeping pass to Bernardo Silva that took my breath away, which was trapped on a dime by Bernie I might add. Not a word from the commentators...

As an example, last game John Stones made a beautiful 40 yard cross field sweeping pass to Bernardo Silva that took my breath away, which was trapped on a dime by Bernie I might add. Not a word from the commentators...
I mentioned that to the wife on the night quality pass for a CH ....nothing mentioned if that's VVD it would be on a loop .
Young Phil skinning 2 players last week against Brighton was Messi esque .
At least that got on soccer AM.
Current commentators are more likely to Gossip about players wages and links to other clubs rather than enjoying the game.
They act like its fooking love Island or some other shite celebrity programme not sport played by athletes.

Here’s what they’re like on commentary when you don’t usually get to see them.

Lolz at Neville’s reaction just after 2:40.

I stumbled across a video of Spurs beating Ajax a couple of years ago with Lineker, Hoddle and Camelgob shown watching the match in the studio. Although he has no connection to Spurs, Ferdinand is shown jumping and punching the air in delight, shouting 'wow' and 'oh my gawd' like some daft yank on a Gordon Ramsey programme. Yet this same twat says that he hopes City get beat before important European matches.
The most dislikeable man in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.