Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDM, I will type it slowly so it is easier to understand. You were having a minor disagreement with Mr Shears, at the end of one of your lengthy posts you said you were quite capable of defending yourself. I merely mentioned that if you did you would probably invoice yourself :-)
I was not implying you do not buy beer, I seem to recall the night I met you, you were the only one buying as @dronefromsector7G and @BlueMoonRisin' had sewn up their pockets before leaving home.
Cheeky owd fooker. I spent over a hundred quid that day musty. You were sozzled, just walking round the horse mumbling nonsense with your fly undone and your pinkie hanging out, ; )

What does “not really a united fan any more” fucking mean?
Well to be fair, Brennan seems to have a reflex of heavily defending City and talking us up. He defends us like it’s his club, when in reality he was/is a Utd fan.

There’s a book about a Celtic or Rangers fan that buys a season ticket for the other team (can’t remember which way around it was) and he goes every week to watch them as an experiment. After a period of time he starts getting annoyed about refereeing decisions, then he starts cheering goals, then after a few years he totally switches.

I don't have a particular problem with Sam but I had a go at him on Twitter the other day after he out out a tweet that I and many others thought was very poorly worded. It seemed to imply City could have played at Everton although that wasn't what he was trying to say.

I was probably a bit harsh and he wasn't happy but after a few others had a go, he admitted the wording could probably have been better.

And that, I think, is his real problem, in that he's often unclear in what he says or writes. I'm quite happy to hear both sides of the argument, which he usually gives, but you can't be ambiguous. You have to be incisive and clear and he's often not. I've listened to him on 9320 and after he's been talking for 5 minutes I'm often no clearer what he's actually said it what his conclusion was.

I don't hold him at fault for his original tweet about us escaping punishment. I believe it was well sourced but he didn't understand the fact that there was another faction that was forcing the issue and had threatened consequences if we weren't banned. I suspect his source was someone close to Ceferin, who genuinely wanted the whole thing to go away.

His colleague Matt Slater, who seems to be the go-to financial guy, got the FFP case completely wrong from there. He and Sam talked to "experts" who really didn't have a clue about the case. It's a shame they didn't speak to people like me and Stefan, who did know our stuff. Slater did a great story on the Burnley takeover however, showing what a can of worms it seemed to be, using debt and Burnley's own cash to fund it.

I don't want Sam to be a James Pearce equivalent for us. Whenever I've met him he's a nice lad and some stuff he writes is decent. But I'd have to say that the best stuff I've read on The Athletic about us is generally under someone else's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.