Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is laughably wrong.

Easiest/Hardest Christmas schedules (Not including our postponed game which changes us from 2 to 2.6)

View attachment 9814

Number of 5+ day breaks between games this season :

Liverpool 4
Manchester City 1

(By the end of February this will be 6 vs. 1 as we make up our Everton game and play cup games)

Days per game this season :

Liverpool 4.8
Manchester City 4.1

Days between last game of 19/20 and first game of 20/21

Liverpool - 34
Manchester City internationals - 19
Manchester City non-internationals - 33

Why the distinction between our internationals and non-internationals?

Well that's because while Liverpool got a full 7 weeks between their last game of 19/20 and their first league game of 20/21. That allowed them to have a full month of preseason with 3 friendlies and a trip to Austria before their first league game.

Manchester City got 5 weeks between seasons...except the last 2 of those weeks were taken up with the September international break. So 90% of our squad were playing less than 3 weeks after the loss to Lyon and not only did we not have any preseason friendlies, our first league game was 2 days after the first full squad training session of the season.

This is why Pep was so ready to talk about it, and why he said "They have forgotten. We have not forgotten". We had a shit schedule and he and his staff will have lost a lot of sleep trying to plan their way through it.

The fact we managed to get through those first few months of the season without ending our chances of silverware, with no preparation at all compared to the teams we faced, with 8 players out injured or with covid at the beginning of the season...it's absolutely incredible.

I don't know why this has irked me as much as it has, but Klopp's lie, and the James Pearce propaganda about "he only meant 2 days!!!" really annoyed me more than their usual bullshit.

superb post.

I was corrected last week when l thought he was a twat over the reporting of the WBA match. He was a twat then and still is a twat.

There is so much shit out there in media world (Simon Stone yesterday as an example) and yet it doesn't stop nitpicking on City writers who are predominantly very good on City matters. Jack Gaughan is excellent IMO and I particularly enjoy him on pods - Bluemoon, 93:20 etc. Only this morning I read a great article of his on Phil Foden.

I dug out the WBA report to see what the fuss was about.

It started with this:

"When they are like this, you can never be quite sure how many players are actually out there in Manchester City blue.
It certainly does not feel like just the 11 named. Maybe someone sneaks on without anybody noticing.
Way too good, way too slick. Pep Guardiola appeared to have three false nines on the pitch, and West Bromwich were a spinning top waiting to collapse. There is always a man over, always yards and yards of grass to move into. And when players of this ability engineer that much space, the result will end the same way most weeks.
This is 11 victories on the trot in all competitions for Guardiola, the first time he has managed that since the Centurions season of three years ago. The run has included swaggering away victories at Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. This was another for the collection.

City have climbed to the summit for now and this dominance of the division is well-timed, given the wretched form of some other contenders. Style is always a big indicator with Guardiola and this current version, beauty with brawn, is exceptionally dangerous"

IMO save your ire for the real twats and not the likes of Jack.

Easiest/Hardest Christmas schedules (Not including our postponed game which changes us from 2 to 2.6)

View attachment 9814

Liverpool 4
Manchester City 1

(By the end of February this will be 6 vs. 1 as we make up our Everton game and play cup games)

Liverpool 4.8
Manchester City 4.1

Liverpool - 34

Well that's because while Liverpool got a full 7 weeks between their last game of 19/20 and their first league game of 20/21. That allowed them to have a full month of preseason with 3 friendlies and a trip to Austria before their first league game.

Manchester City got 5 weeks between seasons...except the last 2 of those weeks were taken up with the September international break. So 90% of our squad were playing less than 3 weeks after the loss to Lyon and not only did we not have any preseason friendlies, our first league game was 2 days after the first full squad training session of the season.

This is why Pep was so ready to talk about it, and why he said "They have forgotten. We have not forgotten". We had a shit schedule and he and his staff will have lost a lot of sleep trying to plan their way through it.

The fact we managed to get through those first few months of the season without ending our chances of silverware, with no preparation at all compared to the teams we faced, with 8 players out injured or with covid at the beginning of the season...it's absolutely incredible.

I don't know why this has irked me as much as it has, but Klopp's lie, and the James Pearce propaganda about "he only meant 2 days!!!" really annoyed me more than their usual bullshit.

The more I think about it (agenda) the more I think that’s why Klopp is pissed off. It looks like our fixtures were engineered from start, Christmas, February tough games whilst playing in Europe & yet we’ve survived & gone from strength to strength. Clearly he thinks we are as devious as them as we should be nowhere near European places now with purely “random” fixtures coming out like that.

View attachment 9814

Liverpool 4
Manchester City 1

Liverpool 4.8
Manchester City 4.1

Liverpool - 34

Well said Dom.

Enjoy this clip from the start of the season on redmentv featuring a sports scientist/stats guy who is a regular on other Liverpool podcasts. He makes a very compelling case for the advantage LIverpool had over City with their pre-season compared to ours. Worth a watch for the Liverpool cockiness alone :)

There is so much shit out there in media world (Simon Stone yesterday as an example) and yet it doesn't stop nitpicking on City writers who are predominantly very good on City matters. Jack Gaughan is excellent IMO and I particularly enjoy him on pods - Bluemoon, 93:20 etc. Only this morning I read a great article of his on Phil Foden.

I dug out the WBA report to see what the fuss was about.

It started with this:

"When they are like this, you can never be quite sure how many players are actually out there in Manchester City blue.
It certainly does not feel like just the 11 named. Maybe someone sneaks on without anybody noticing.
Way too good, way too slick. Pep Guardiola appeared to have three false nines on the pitch, and West Bromwich were a spinning top waiting to collapse. There is always a man over, always yards and yards of grass to move into. And when players of this ability engineer that much space, the result will end the same way most weeks.
This is 11 victories on the trot in all competitions for Guardiola, the first time he has managed that since the Centurions season of three years ago. The run has included swaggering away victories at Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. This was another for the collection.

City have climbed to the summit for now and this dominance of the division is well-timed, given the wretched form of some other contenders. Style is always a big indicator with Guardiola and this current version, beauty with brawn, is exceptionally dangerous"

IMO save your ire for the real twats and not the likes of Jack.

i think he’s good on the whole & I like what he has to say on the pod, I think he is often let down by the headlines to his articles. I noticed he was pissed at blues for complaining of this but maybe his concern should be aimed at the bloke writing shitty headlines & not fans who don’t realise it’s not the journalist.

Not sure why a journalist can’t write his own headline ffs.

Well said Dom.

Enjoy this clip from the start of the season on redmentv featuring a sports scientist/stats guy who is a regular on other Liverpool podcasts. He makes a very compelling case for the advantage LIverpool had over City with their pre-season compared to ours. Worth a watch for the Liverpool cockiness alone :)

wow wish I’d seen that before my last comment, the cheeky fckers knew it was corrupt & they were happy to take advantage & when things that they’ve engineered don’t go to plan they have the audacity to cry.

Well said Dom.

Couldn't go on their regular PEDs camp in Spain

i think he’s good on the whole & I like what he has to say on the pod, I think he is often let down by the headlines to his articles. I noticed he was pissed at blues for complaining of this but maybe his concern should be aimed at the bloke writing shitty headlines & not fans who don’t realise it’s not the journalist.

Not sure why a journalist can’t write his own headline ffs.

Agree totally. Yep, it's always been the case with the headline that the journo doesn't get to write it himself. The problem is often compounded on the fail online when they change the headlines often after using the biggest wind-up/provocative headline to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.