Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The female presenter on BBC’s Northwest tonight just said “Jayo Canchello”

Ffs, how hard can it be. Your only job as a news presenter is to read the news properly.
Yes, shite mate.

Shameful as per some poster in here said apparently her partner & sons are S/C holders with us too.

So now we have to win the quadruple to be considered a success. Anything else would be a disappointment apparently. No other team gets this shit. If we win a treble we have underachieved. What a prick Simon Jordan is.

the thing you have to remember, and remind anyone who thinks simon jordan is qualified to talk about football, is that he owned crystal palace for ten years, spent a fortune, got them promoted then relegated and ran them so badly that they ended up in administration with massive debts.

So now we have to win the quadruple to be considered a success. Anything else would be a disappointment apparently. No other team gets this shit. If we win a treble we have underachieved. What a prick Simon Jordan is.

Its fucking ridicules knocknout cups arent easy to win. Look at how many times City have been screwed by VAR and the refs in champions league. Winning knock out cups particularly in Europe needs luck something City never had. To win the fa cup one bad VAR decision and you could be out.

Liverpool had some much luck and help to win the champs league and premier league

Good.
I'm glad Pep finally said something like that, I often agree with dippers and rags when the play the money card....embrace it, brag about it....don't be defensive about it....rub it in their jealous whiney fuckin faces........we're rich, REALLY FUCKIN RICH.....hahahhaahahaha
People forget our owners have made. Investments into City not donations,
Initially the business plan required time to become profitable which was called unfair. Now City make money which is ploughed back into football rather than removed to fund other ventures.

What's to not like about that?

I waited for the Sport on Breakfast and got Smug Mike trying to stick to his prepared report staring with Arsenal whilst the dreadful NMfuckingChetty kept interrupting with he view on cricket.
So up I got telly off, fuck the rest of the news and l took longer on the 3 morning she's in the bathroom. Turned on tv and that dreadful woman was asking some singer whether she was drinking tea or coffee. Over to ITV. Frank Bruno was on but l couldn't understand a word he was saying. Try the radio. Talkshite had some singer with a Southern accent talking about some computer game but when they started on the wonderful 'Bruno' l have settled for silence and will feed the birds even that little bugger with the red top.

For any lurking hacks, here’s an idea for an article ...start with a headline along the lines of ‘How Much Does a Trophy Cost?’
You can then do a formula for all of the ‘Big 6’ teams of the previous 10 years spend divided by the number trophies won. This will then give you a figure for cost per trophy. Then print a league table for which team gets best value for their money.
And my guess is, City will romp that league table too.
In addition...

As of 26th Nov 2019....

Manchester City’s Abu Dhabi-controlled owner has agreed to sell a $500 million stake to U.S. private equity firm Silver Lake, making it the world’s most valuable soccer group with a $4.8 billion price tag.

https://www.reuters.com/article/soc...llion-price-tag-with-stake-sale-idINKBN1Y10FF

As I posted a while back, we're not involved in some sinister plot the like of which the world has never seen. Put simply our owners are primarily interested in asset appreciation, that's why we're such a good investment for an equity firm like Silver Lake.

The likes of the Fenway Group are primarily interested in profit maximisation.

That's why we spend and they don't.

Last edited:
Chelsea are ahead on that one mate. Same trophies won more or less and less spent. We hopefully will catch them soon though.

Oh well, but thanks for doing the maths. I knew the teams in Red would be nowhere near. Hopefully a recalculation at the end of the season will see us top the ‘Value-for-Money League’.
Not that I give a sh1t really - I often use a similar point about value for money when what we spend is discussed with plastics. “My City season card is the cheapest in Europe on a goals per game ratio - what do you pay for yours or for a ticket?” Obviously at this point they make excuses and leave as most know everything about the club they ‘support’ apart from how to get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.