Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you have it.

When I watch other Premier League games all I see is hoofball, three or four passes strung together then it all breaks down, one dimensional play with one dimensional players. I watched as much as I could tolerate of a dire rag game the other day, I can't remember which one, forget blue tinted specs it was awful at every level.

Liverpool are the best of the rest, but the gulf in class between us and them is immense.

I watched WHU v Leeds it was an enjoyable game lots if goals but technically poor. I am right at the end a WHU player cheated the ball over the bar from about a yard out lol if he had scored it would have been 3-3

For a neutral watching City games might be boring. We've won 18 out of 22 league games. If we are winning we play at 75% and go into game management mode. I get the criticism of the one-sided nature of the Premier League but it was invented this way for good reason and not by us and those who criticise City's dominance said little when Man Utd was the boss.

As a Manchester city fan I am happy with the way things are. As a football fan less so. The game was healthier when Forest could get promoted and win the league and when the league title moved from one club to another. The move to consolidation started with the Premier League and we all know who were the prime movers of that.

This 100% - Chelsea should be getting destroyed by the media- champions of Europe (apparently), very expensively assembled and title challengers, yet they set up and played like relegation candidates. City games where teams come to attack are as exciting and technically brilliant as anything seen in this league.
The narrative has been set to ‘boring‘ as they are too scared of losing revenue by attacking their cartel clubs. They have nowhere else to turn.

"Unfortunately", we are so good that most teams do a variation on the same thing(s): park the bus in some form, try and nick the ball and break on us, hope for a set piece break through... It occassionally works.

Can't recall anyone trying to really take us on and winning.

This can create a bit of an issue spectacle wise (for some); especially if City fluff their early chances.

One of my mantras for at least the last 12 months has been: it's not City that are boring, it's their opponents.
Very much agree with your mantras. Exactly how I see it. It’s not us that park the bus or try and wait for an opponents mistake. Pretty much what Chelsea did (was like watching a Mourinho side) and they got what they deserve.

I find it baffling that the team that tries to play football for years and years is actually being ignored as being bored

For a neutral watching City games might be boring. We've won 18 out of 22 league games. If we are winning we play at 75% and go into game management mode. I get the criticism of the one-sided nature of the Premier League but it was invented this way for good reason and not by us and those who criticise City's dominance said little when Man Utd was the boss.

As a Manchester city fan I am happy with the way things are. As a football fan less so. The game was healthier when Forest could get promoted and win the league and when the league title moved from one club to another. The move to consolidation started with the Premier League and we all know who were the prime movers of that.
5 different winners in the last 10 years including Leicester demonstrates that those days are not completely gone. Most decades are dominated by a single club with maybe just the 1950s and 1960s as exceptions. It is certainly much more competitive here than La Liga with 3 different winners in 10 years, Ligue 1 also with 3 (7 with one club) and both the Bundesliga and Serie A with 2 (each including 9 consecutive wins by one club).

There you have it.

When I watch other Premier League games all I see is hoofball, three or four passes strung together then it all breaks down, one dimensional play with one dimensional players. I watched as much as I could tolerate of a dire rag game the other day, I can't remember which one, forget blue tinted specs it was awful at every level.

Liverpool are the best of the rest, but the gulf in class between us and them is immense.
I’ve described watching us like Cirque du Soleil, the circus in the past was clowns & acrobats & all very skilled & entertaining then along comes high risk showmanship doing things that seem impossible, oozing confidence not just putting on a show but risking it all to push the boundaries.

How many people have told Pep you can’t, not here, give up & hoof.
They complain of our pass, pass, pass but one bad touch, one bobble, one scuffed pass & we lose a goal. I marvel at its beauty, it’s confidence & we see Swindon try it & they blame the keeper for having a go. It’s not boring but if they strive for imperfection then go & see a juggler who drops his balls.

Here’s a few points from me.

1. As a Stretford Blue, I do t get all this self-pitying guff. You had to give the rags as good as yku git on a daily basis.

2. Countless peole have bemoaned the Club being “soft” on an anti City media. The Club were straight on to Beglin, effectively forcing an apology, but I’ve seen little credit for thst action. Personally, I think there are too many apologies around eg Harry Maguire apologises for most rag non performances.

3. Take a step back and have a good laugh at some of the media bias. Here’s a modern classic.

Has that know nowt lost his job yet?

He should have.

I would definitely prefer a top 10 or 12 rather than a top 4 as it used to be.
Its not that we have or spent more money. So it’s up to the other teams to find a solution to keep up other than parking the bus when playing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.