Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The demarcation lines between media are blurred. In terms of output there's a serious amount of City output coming from fans now and small media companies like the You Tube channels.

Perhaps at times we bracket them altogether when we shouldn't but it's pretty clear to me that there are some notorious journalists and media organisations who will openly admit and even claim to be working against Manchester City because of the Emirati owner.

There may well be the odd journalist and/or publication that wants to be impartial but I would imagine they are in a small minority.

I am absolutely convinced that there isn't a media platform in the country that has any interest in being fair towards City. Individual writers are just doing their jobs. They aren't there (IMO) to serve and present information in an unbiased fashion. They are there to use the internet in the same way supporters do. To get engagements and to stir the pot enough just enough to keep the tribes all kicking against each other.

Adam Crafton is more or less the United writer at the Athletic, so why is he writing a piece about all 49 of City's sponsors and their ties to each other? The answer is so fucking obvious that it insults my intelligence and the intelligence of all City supporters for anyone to try and claim that it was anything but a piece written to get maximum clicks from the Athletic's rag readership and to keep inferring that City are cheating or gaming the system.

The pithy defence which I saw from Adam consequently was something along the lines of "it's an analysis of the new rules". Well, no, Adam, that is not how it was framed. A good writer, someone with a high level education, maybe even Oxbridge in your case, who knows, would understand very very well that HOW you present facts is almost more important than what you present. It's very very easy to frame every single financial issue inside the PL through the prism of Manchester City - why? Because we're the least popular club in the country and we are the ones who have been regularly smeared as being financial cheats.

I've found myself less and less interested in any of the media platforms and their City related takes. Generally it can be taken as read that not a single writer outside of the specific City press pack in the north west (and Martin Samuel) will be writing anything fair or balanced about City. And even inside the press pack you have the likes of Jackson and Ogden who are just rag trolls when they write about City.

As someone who has in the past looked down their nose at the idea that there's an organised agenda against City, having had a bit of time behind the curtain, I can say with some assurance that there is absolutely an organised agenda against City, and it will continue whilst this generation of so called journalists are running the football pages. Rags, scousers, and cockneys, all of them. All with a sense of entitlement to the success we're currently enjoying. Fuck them all and the plastic internet horses they ride around on.

EDIT:

Just seen @Prestwich_Blue reply to Dave. I've no idea what the twitter thread yesterday was or what the conversation was. But it is absolute fact that the athletic embarrassed themselves over CAS in a pretty impressive fashion. We offered to them the analysis @projectriver put together on which way the case would fall and their response was "we've consulted countless experts who completely disagree with Stefan's assessment". To me, that just stank of "we only want opinions which reinforce the idea that City are guilty and will be punished". They hid their bias in plain sight and afterwards pretended it never happened and that City were always going to get off.

Last edited:
I am absolutely convinced that there isn't a media platform in the country that has any interest in being fair towards City. Individual writers are just doing their jobs. They aren't there (IMO) to serve and present information in an unbiased fashion. They are there to use the internet in the same way supporters do. To get engagements and to stir the pot enough just enough to keep the tribes all kicking against each other.

Adam Crafton is more or less the United writer at the Athletic, so why is he writing a piece about all 49 of City's sponsors and their ties to each other? The answer is so fucking obvious that it insults my intelligence and the intelligence of all City supporters for anyone to try and claim that it was anything but a piece written to get maximum clicks from the Athletic's rag readership and to keep inferring that City are cheating or gaming the system.

The pithy defence which I saw from Adam consequently was something along the lines of "it's an analysis of the new rules". Well, no, Adam, that is not how it was framed. A good writer, someone with a high level education, maybe even Oxbridge in your case, who knows, would understand very very well that HOW you present facts is almost more important than what you present. It's very very easy to frame every single financial issue inside the PL through the prism of Manchester City - why? Because we're the least popular club in the country and we are the ones who have been regularly smeared as being financial cheats.

I've found myself less and less interested in any of the media platforms and their City related takes. Generally it can be taken as read that not a single writer outside of the specific City press pack in the north west (and Martin Samuel) will be writing anything fair or balanced about City. And even inside the press pack you have the likes of Jackson and Ogden who are just rag trolls when they write about City.

As someone who has in the past looked down their nose at the idea that there's an organised agenda against City, having had a bit of time behind the curtain, I can say with some assurance that there is absolutely an organised agenda against City, and it will continue whilst this generation of so called journalists are running the football pages. Rags, scousers, and cockneys, all of them. All with a sense of entitlement to the success we're currently enjoying. Fuck them all and the plastic internet horses they ride around on.

EDIT:

Just seen @Prestwich_Blue reply to Dave. I've no idea what the twitter thread yesterday was or what the conversation was. But it is absolute fact that the athletic embarrassed themselves over CAS in a pretty impressive fashion. We offered to them the analysis @projectriver put together on which way the case would fall and their response was "we've consulted countless experts who completely disagree with Stefan's assessment". To me, that just stank of "we only want opinions which reinforce the idea that City are guilty and will be punished". They hid their bias in plain sight and afterwards pretended it never happened and that City were always going to get off.
Welcome to reality.

He could start with Darren Lewis waffling on how City disrespected Kane because they refused to stump up £150 million after unsettling him with lower bids.
We can’t really win, if we had paid that kind of money we would be slaughtered. Don’t pay it and we are disrespectful.In this age of somebody must be to blame, We are the PL Bogeyman.

EDIT:

welcome_to_the_jc27bb.0.jpg

We can’t really win, if we had paid that kind of money we would be slaughtered. Don’t pay it and we are disrespectful.In this age of somebody must be to blame, We are the PL Bogeyman.
is that the mr lewis who was lucky to get on sunday supplement once a month, when sky had a decent football show, he has never had a sunday off in 2 years, now i wonder why. ?

EDIT:

Any media outlet that employs James Pearce and Jake Pitt-Brooke should be avoided at all costs.

Last edited:
Any media outlet that employs James Pearce and Jake Pitt-Brooke should be avoid at all costs.

It's impossible to read the output of someone like Pearce and then compare it to what City get. I understand that we're not so desperate we want fanzine type hyperbole in every article, but the gulf between what the scousers get and what City get is as big as the Atlantic Ocean.

Another Crafton defence last week was that he's written about the Glazers negatively. Again, this is something Adam will paint as factually correct, but the nuance is that United are absolute dog shit. Questions around the Glazers are because rags want MORE money spent, MORE big names, MORE bang for their buck. If United were as good as the scousers or City, their owners would get hailed like the FSG mob are.

Literally they know City are the benchmark and therefore their only real purpose when they talk about us is to tear down our success or caveat it with snide jibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.