Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched peps interview. Why the fuck are they asking him about steve bruce. No mention of how the team will be against Brighton but all about steve Bruce. What were they trying to achieve. We’re they trying to get a response that they could put in the papers tomorrow?
The media wanted him sacked as soon as the takeover was completed, then play the professional mourners card.
Fucking Dipper press

As you can imagine the Daily United(and the other tabloids) are awash with articles about the Dublin Derby this weekend.

Further down the Daily United main football page there's this article.

View attachment 28418

Thankfully, City haven't got any influential players, so I didn't read the article. Not that I would have read it anyway.
I think that from the very early days of the takeover the UK media concluded that the primary objective of our owners was to use City as a vehicle for publicity for and promotion of the UAE. Their strategy since then has been to try to undermine that through a combination of negative coverage and/or just pretending that we don't exist, in the hope that our owners would get fed-up and leave. They continue to cling to this forlorn hope nearly 14 years later.

I think that from the very early days of the takeover the UK media concluded that the primary objective of our owners was to use City as a vehicle for publicity for and promotion of the UAE. Their strategy since then has been to try to undermine that through a combination of negative coverage and/or just pretending that we don't exist, in the hope that our owners would get fed-up and leave. They continue to cling to this forlorn hope nearly 14 years later.
I have it on very good authority, ok the Beeb, that Mansour will soon get bored and pack it in.

Jeez…they just can’t hide their hatred of us, can they…here’s what’s on this weekend according to that bastion of unbiased broadcasting Sly Sports…Cricket, football and the Grand Prix…but only one game of football on Sunday as far as Sly are concerned…

I know you all won’t, but don’t bother reading the Daiiy Mail football online. Wall to wall Dublin Derby.

Let’s get this straight. City were never known as the Noisy Neighbours until Alex Ferguson and Manchester United came up with that retort to the world famous and hugely successful ......

1634942760257.jpeg

Sir Alex Ferguson's 'noisy neighbour' jibe at City is believed to have been prompted by their billboard campaign in Manchester city centre after signing ex-United striker Carlos Tevez in July 2009.

It’s well documented Alex Ferguson was absolutely livid about the banner. So he and United set about finding a retort. As would have been expected of the Fergie era, the football press in this country, controlled by Ferguson and United, went along with Ferguson’s retort.

Last edited:
Let’s get this straight. City were never known as the Noisy Neighbours until Alex Ferguson and Manchester United came up with that retort to the world famous and hugely successful ......

View attachment 28442

Sir Alex Ferguson's 'noisy neighbour' jibe at City is believed to have been prompted by their billboard campaign in Manchester city centre after signing ex-United striker Carlos Tevez in July 2009.

It’s well documented Alex Ferguson was absolutely livid about the banner. So he and United set about finding a retort. Aa would have been expected of the Fergie era, the football press in this country, controlled by Ferguson and United, went along with Ferguson’s retort.
All of them conveniently forgot what United did when they signed Cantona from Leeds. If you came off the M62 at the turn off to the old toilet, you would have been confronted by two posters, each with a picture of the sardine fisherman and the legend:
"Welcome to Manchester."
Fancy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.