Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We as an entire sporting fanbase need to stop with the quickfire hot take bullshit.

Haaland isn't going to be a flop after 1 season if he scores under 20. Same reason Grealish wasn't a flop. They aren't here just for 1 year. Look at the bigger picture rather than yielding to your idiotic quick fix short-attention-span "i need content NOW" garbage.

"One major issue with the buy-out clause is the belief that this type of clause would be unenforceable in the English courts. In English law, though the courts have allowed parties to pre-agree damages for a breach of contract, they have taken it upon themselves to limit the use of penalty clauses. The English courts have generally held that a clause imposing the obligation on the defaulting party to pay an extravagant sum for the breach of contract is a penalty clause and hence is void and unenforceable."

Several years old though, so may have changed to be honest & unlike you, I believe, I'm not an expert in the law. :-)
Or unlike ‘law in football.wordpress.com’

Penalties are prohibited within UK contract law (although the term is given very wide definition) but a buyout clause is manifestly
not a penalty clause. There is no punitive measure for failing to comply with some other term in the contract, but rather an an agreed figure which triggers the rescinding of the contract.

I would say there is a clear distinction between the two

That said, if the guy from ‘lawinfootball.wordpress.com’ can charge his services out for a couple of grand a day then I’m sure he’s got enough clout to have his say.

Rabin to the rescue…
Who is this idiot? Is he one of that fat Geordie sex pest’s mates?

He is a multi-talented broadcaster (apparently) who is on record saying Liverpool is a shithole and Liverpudlians don't know what a job is. So not all bad then.

Guessing a United fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.