Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The religion of our nation is Church of England.

The C of E still does not recognise same sex marriage.

And yet the focus of the world cup will be on those nasty Arabs because of their attitude towards gay people.

Yup it's the same with the Catholic church too I believe. This is all very political of course and the usual suspects are trying to get some purchase here.

The religion of our nation is Church of England.

The C of E still does not recognise same sex marriage.

And yet the focus of the world cup will be on those nasty Arabs because of their attitude towards gay people.
Ohh were full of hypocracy here..but its 'our' hypocracy innit lol

Yup it's the same with the Catholic church too I believe. This is all very political of course and the usual suspects are trying to get some purchase here.

The same sex marriage act came into effect in 2014 in England and 2020 in Northern Ireland. We’ve hardly been living in decades of equality for all in this country.

The same sex marriage act came into effect in 2014 in England and 2020 in Northern Ireland. We’ve hardly been living in decades of equality for all in this country.
The 6 year difference between two countries within the United Kingdom shows how powerful religion is and yet, because 'the arabs' have a different religion, one which is clearly a terrorist/3rd world/bad one, some gobshites have to take moral superiority. Fuck 'em and all who sail in her.

Not really media, but I was reminded of a pic of the world I saw about 10 years ago, with a breakdown of which foreign team was the most ‘supported’ in each country. If my memory serves me correctly it was almost entirely Real Madrid, Barcelona, Trafford, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Idly Googling I came across this from June, so it might have already been discussed:

How times have changed in only 10 or so years. Not sure why it’s been done by uSwitch!

NB clearly this is just on a metric that is not entirely gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.