Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember Arsenal playing finals at Wembley every year but during their Carabao Cup match midweek the commentator said the last time they won the league/ now Carabao Cup was 1993.
For the younger generation, Tony Adams is more famous as a dancer on Strictly than he is as an Arsenal centre half.
The Michael Thomas goal is stuck in my memory but a lot of current football fans won't even have heard of him.
I was reading one of todays papers and they were recalling great sporting moments of the last 10 years. I was thinking Aguero QPR goal would be top.
I was disgusted it wasn't there until I realised it was more than 10 seasons ago.

It must have been a long time ago because I remember Mr Winky working overtime that night ......

It's naturally a 'cricket' day today in the DT, but they've found a double spread spare and it's stuffed with Rag puffery. How FakeRon has been betrayed (what did he expect?) and how the latest iteration of Machedo, (Guanche, Guinche, Guancharo) is gonna get 'em into the top four!

Garnacho is the new love in.

He scores one goal and is the new saviour.

Do they ever learn these lot.

How many times have we seen it in the past?

Macheda
Jizz jazz
Di Maria
Wan bissaka

Were all going to be superstars and look what happened to them.

Let them get carried away. Be even sweeter when it comes crashing down around them!

Garnacho is the new love in.

He scores one goal and is the new saviour.

Do they ever learn these lot.

How many times have we seen it in the past?

Macheda
Jizz jazz
Di Maria
Wan bissaka

Were all going to be superstars and look what happened to them.

Let them get carried away. Be even sweeter when it comes crashing down around them!

He's the new Georgie Best dontcha know :)

The Guardian's motto is "Comment is free, but facts are sacred". Should amend that to "Comments aren't allowed and the facts are whatever we say they are, whether they're true or not".
While I'm constantly irritated by the lazy 'typical lefty' narrative deployed at times like this, I have to agree wholeheartedly with the comment above. As a long-time reader of the Guardian, I took the decision to end my subscription, in part, for precisely this reason. In short, there is a narrow agenda which those employed by this media outlet and its ilk promulgate and woe be tide anyone who deviates from their self-proclaimed path of righteousness. The ultimate irony is that those who demand tolerance and understanding are the very same people who rush to close down debate on any contentious issue and condemn who they view as dissenters.

Last edited:
Just watched SSN ref watch where they ask Dermot Gallagher to comment on the contentious decisions over the weekend. Rags dive on first - comical! Ironically no video of any of City’s 3 possible penalty claims was available it seems.

Just watched SSN ref watch where they ask Dermot Gallagher to comment on the contentious decisions over the weekend. Rags dive on first - comical! Ironically no video of any of City’s 3 possible penalty claims was available it seems.
Called it.

The media are so good at setting the narrative when it comes to our games. Most fans of other teams are oblivious to the sh*t we have to put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.